• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X Squared Frame Size/Shape Variation

Sorry for the OCD lol...I tend to notice small things like this. I should be really browsing the forum daily, getting very expensive for me :)

By any chance, your carbon frame has a sku?
1479961717820-623532800.jpg

Saul, I guess that this is a good way to showcase your future warranty frame merchandise. Temporarily installing lenses with polarized etching to show the flat bottom orbitals. Just a suggestion my friend.

As a noob to Oakley's, I'm proud to be one to notice the variances with X2 frames after all these years :)

Saul, I guess that this is a good way to showcase your future warranty frame merchandise. Temporarily installing lenses with polarized etching to show the flat bottom orbitals. Just a suggestion my friend.

If it's a non-polarized frame finish (e.g. XMetal or Carbon) and it came from factory with an OEM lens that fits perfectly, I don't see the need.
I've sold plenty of these warranty XS frames and I think yours was an anomaly. The others I have to hand are straighter.
Also, never had a buyer complain about fitment of lens....

Having said that, after this thread, i'm sure every potential buyer WILL be asking me to prove lower orbital straightness!
In which case, your suggestion is sound!

The most OCD XS buyer I had was worried because when the arms were opened and the XS laid on a flat surface, one arm was 1mm above the surface of the table. He felt it might be a factory defect. Turned out, one gentle pull at the bridge 'fixed' it in seconds.

It's hard to sell to severe OCD sufferers.

Note when I'm buying, my OCD also kicks in ;-)

^^^ Posts above prove that this problem does not only apply to warranty frames. Thanks Slojack.

'problem' in your eyes and certainly an issue if commissioning custom cut lenses, but actually the variability is part of the charm of collecting XMetals. It's all about your perspective. For the record, I'm really sorry for the hassle this frame caused - I would have taken it back if asked. And then losing it in the post - you need some good luck buddy ;-)