• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X-Squared - Legit?

Only reason I ask is cause I don't have my X-Squared yet, and I haven't yet seen in person how bad the ear stems bend at the end. These look pretty extreme. Do all the X-Squared do that?

They look legit. However, I think the ends are bent. Maybe they didn't fit the person right and the bent them so they didn't fall off. Also, the x-squared ear stems are shorter than other x-metals.

I'm calling fake on this one. I don't personally own a pair of X-Squared, but just by doing a Google image search, none of the pairs that display have the flared out ends like the pair you are asking about.

They look fake to me as well. No one in their right mind is going to bend the ear stems at the point that those are bent.

Yes, the XS have a strange bend to them from the factory, but under no circumstance should they be bent mid earsock.
That would be the biggest give away to me, along with being a clear lens. Unless they are Rx, that lens shouldn't be clear.

The most troubling thing to me in that auction isn't even the glasses though, its the stand. Have they started faking stands now? If so that's a big problem for the collector community. Stands will be much harder to verify authenticity than glasses.

I disagree. I think atrain is right. It is a real X Squared with arms that got the s**t bent out of them for whatever reason. I say they are real because i have never seen a fake that has the correct bridge screws, and fake ones never quite get the inside of the hinges right. This one passes both of these tests. But fake or not, i dont believe you would want this pair anyway. As far as the flared arms, X squared can be painfull to put on your head because of the pointy arms, which would quite possibly lead the average non-collector to bend them outward for comfort, which would be quite easy on a thin X Squared arm

Back