1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. MikeD

MikeD Oakley Beginner

First time visiting this forum. Thought I'd try here to get some information. I have a pair of Oakley X squared with a loose nosebridge. At first I thought it was a loose screw, but found out it wasn't. It looks like there is a rubber gasket that is used to firm up the wiggle, and mine has deteriorated away. I called Oakley, and they said I would have to send it in and pay for a tune up at 65.00. I just replaced all of the other rubber pieces on these and don't want to have to pay that much for the nosebridge rubber unless I have to. Are there any other ways to get the gaskets? Let me know your thoughts. I have purchased so many Oakleys in the past, and these are my favorite. Thanks in advance.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. zwc0442

zwc0442 Oakley Expert Premium Member

Linegear sells replacement flex couplers. They have a website and they're on ebay.

3. MikeD

MikeD Oakley Beginner

Thanks for the information. I just got my other new rubber pieces from them. I didn't see that they offered the Flex Couplers. Just got them ordered.

4. Slojack

Slojack Oakley Collector Premium Member

The X-MAN Custom Metalworks

5. zwc0442

zwc0442 Oakley Expert Premium Member

Xs can be tuned up fairly easily on your own. Just be sure to have a quality Allen or torx driver. .050 Allen works well or a t5 torx fits well for removing the xs nose pins.

supersharp likes this.
  6. MikeD

MikeD Oakley Beginner

Yeah, I have the correct tools to do all of the work. This is my 2nd pair of Xsquared (my first ones were stolen). My first ones were the platinum frame, which I liked better. My current ones are the darker frame.

supersharp and zwc0442 like this.