• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X Squared Nose Bridge

Devastator01

I should Work at Oakley
San Jose, CA
hey there, im planning to swap the earstems and nose bridge of my two xs (plasma and xmetal) im done with the earstems but not the nosebridge yet. what do i need for that? an allen key or a t5 driver? thanks :)

I'm new to this forum so I thought I would ask a question in response to this thread.

I have quite a few X Metals and in particular my X Squared Polished frame is loose in the nosebridge. I have a replacement, however I've never taken an X Squared apart by myself. So, my question is where do I get the T5 screwdriver, and is it easy to replace the nosebridge for someone like myself who I would consider a novice?

What do you mean by you have a replacement? Do you have the rubber couplers that go inside the nosbridge, or do you have a new nosebridge?

The reason I ask is because if you only change the nosebridge and not the rubber flex couplers, you're not likely to fix the problem. It's very unlikely your nosebridge is bad and causing the flex. Usually what happens is the rubber flex couplers inside the nosebridge become worn and cause flex. Your best bet is to send them in to Oakley for a tune up before they discontinue servicing the x metal line.

You can find a t5 pretty easily at an electronics store or on eBay. If the rubber couplers that come out of the nosebridge are stretched or torn, you'll know it's the couplers and not the bridge. Good luck! They're actually pretty easy to assemble. Just be vey slow with the screws as not to strip the heads. That can happen very easily with haste.

Thanks everyone I appreciate it! I just needed a little extra info before I dissasemble the nosebridge, better safe than sorry. As far as a "replacement" goes what I meant was I have a couple extra frames that I'm gonna use to repair the loose one.

The nose bridge screws on the x squared is a .5 allen key.and ive got new screws and replacement flexors.

X-MAN is right. It's not a T5, we just went through this. It's a .5 allen key for the nose bridge screws.

Latest Posts

Back