• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X squared polarized lenses

If they don't have Oakley lenses in them, are they still Oakley sunglasses?
of course they are...

if you have an Oakley XX or Oakley Juliet with a Revant lens in it, it doesn't magically make the frame a fake, HAHAHA !!!!

I can't even......................what ??

of course they are...

if you have an Oakley XX or Oakley Juliet with a Revant lens in it, it doesn't magically make the frame a fake, HAHAHA !!!!

I can't even......................what ??

His point wasn't that they became "fake" with aftermarket lenses; aftermarkets are just what they are, non-OEM replacement parts. And in the car world, that can be as good, or better.

But with Oakley a good part of what makes Oakleys Oakley is the lens technology. When wearing them, looking through the lens is the primary experience. So the question of if Oakleys with aftermarket lenses are still truly Oakleys is a valid one.

I know you are a fan of Revant, and that's fine; I don't really care. But, with all due respect, you still have a far way to go before you can speak about this with authority...

ha...

I don't have to be experienced with anything to say that an Oakley frame with an aftermarket lens is not an Oakley...

OR, another good part of what makes Oakleys Oakley is the rubber technology...

so, now 98% of this forum no longer has Oakleys...see how ridiculous that sounds !??!

and that's coming from someone with little experience, speaking with authority...

ha...

I don't have to be experienced with anything to say that an Oakley frame with an aftermarket lens is not an Oakley...

so, now 98% of this forum no longer has Oakleys...see how ridiculous that sounds !??!

and that's coming from someone with little experience, speaking with authority...

I didn't say any use of aftermarket parts invalidates the sunglasses being Oakleys. I said looking through the lenses is the primary experience of wearing them. Really, that statement sounds pretty juvenile, regardless of the subject.

But I'm not going to argue with you - I already know you well enough to know that you'll never concede a point; you'd rather "win" rather than properly consider anothers' viewpoint...

People combine info they learn with what they experience and make their own decisions. As you have. Sometimes that means bucking conventional wisdom. And sometimes that leads to new wisdom, but more often it leads to repeating of others' mistakes...

ha...

Made up statistics are one of my favorite things. 60% of the time, it works every time.

ha...

You would probably be able to see that your car is on fire if you took out the revant crap and used the real thing!

Latest Posts

Back