• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X Squared Polished With Greenjade (Linegear)

IMAG1132.jpg

IMAG1133.jpg

IMAG1144.jpg

Looks way better outdoors! Peaking my interest with these now.......have......to.....resist.........LOL. Thanks uc!

Attachments

• IMAG1132.jpg
    IMAG1132.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 212
  • IMAG1133.jpg
    IMAG1133.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 185
  • IMAG1144.jpg
    IMAG1144.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 199
The sun was good enough to make an appearance today before another batch of rain moved in (no complaints from me, we need it) and I got a chance to wear these out not only in the sun but with the added variable of there being a ton of water on the ground reflecting the sunlight. Suffice to say I am very impressed-I've always been very complimentary of Oakley optics and how they make the world look better, how they cut out the glare and allow you to see things BETTER, almost HD type vision.

Well these Linegear lenses get as close to Oakley optics as any lens I've seen...if fact they're better than most other brand name glasses lenses. The tint which based on the description I read is purple isn't really purple its actually more rose-ish; if you've ever worn Oakley's OO Black Iridium Polarized lenses, its like that but just a tad stronger on the tint. Clarity is admirable-I tried these on side by side with Oakley Ice, Ruby, Fire Polarized, Black Iridium Polarized and the Linegear was right there in clarity and actually to my eye, the glare reduction and handling of reflected light was actually BETTER than standard Oakley lenses to my eye. If I wasn't an Oakley fanatic and worn every lens they've ever made at some point and very sensitive to clarity and quality, I probably wouldn't know these were "aftermarket". Now---would I still prefer Oakley just because of what they are and their proven track record? Yes. BUT...if you have a model that needs lenses because OEM is no longer made and custom cut isn't an option or if you want a lens shade Oakley doesn't make, Linegear is an excellent choice. Yes they are pricey for aftermarkets-$78 shipped for standard lenses if you order off the Linegear website, but that's equal to Oakley lens pricing and for that you're getting 90% plus equivalient construction, finish and clarity quality.

Thanks for the review! How thick are these compared to oakley lenses? and are they cut the right size as compared to vl that have fitment issues from time to time due to not being the right size.

Thanks for the review! How thick are these compared to oakley lenses? and are they cut the right size as compared to vl that have fitment issues from time to time due to not being the right size.

Equal thickness to OEM. I put them side by side with standard Oakley lenses and if there's a difference you can't see it with the naked eye. I put them in and the fitment is perfect...no loose lens etc. (which ironically is an issue with OEM from time to time).

Hello !

I'm looking for a pair to my Romeo 1 What is the best? Linegear or Walleva?

Walleva lenses are the WORST of all the aftermarkets. Their rubber is quite good but avoid thier lenses; IMO the quality of aftermarket lenses in terms of build and clarity goes 1. Linegear 2. (VERY distant 2nd) Visionary Lenses 3. Exovista (Exovista and VL are pretty close...VL has better packaging but quality is around the same).

BTW---these Greenjade lenses are for sale in the exchange section.

Back