• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X Squared Problem

Strange, the lenses are definitely polarized as they black out tv screen when I turn my head on its side, just like my flak jackets with polarized tungsten lenses do. They also have ducati etching&feel good quality.

Confused and worried now!

This was a potential idea I had. Is it possible to speak to them over phone or email to discuss?

Probably best option to start!

email the customer UK email address and tell them your concern...they gonna email you back and give you the address where to send and some instructions to follow...but a picture will give us idea how bad the screw is...otherwise Oakley UK cant help you either, only xman will....

I'll try get a pic up soon. Although will be hard to show problem.

I will get in touch with oakley soon as possible.

Also, has anyone in UK sent frames to X man? Might be an option!

A 10-32 set screw would make em tighter than new, and that my friend is the only way to fix them at this point. Or use a rivet like the other x-metals would use.

Considering what xmetals are made of you'd be far more likely to strip the screw head or snap the screw before the holes would strip. I've never heard of an XS screw striping the hole, under normal conditions that should be virtually impossible...

Considering what xmetals are made of you'd be far more likely to strip the screw head or snap the screw before the holes would strip. I've never heard of an XS screw striping the hole, under normal conditions that should be virtually impossible...
yeah, theres no way the soft steel could strip the titanium threads. Either its a fake,defect or the previous owner did something to it.:oops:

A 10-32 set screw would make em tighter than new, and that my friend is the only way to fix them at this point. Or use a rivet like the other x-metals would use.

So could I just buy the set screw and just install it straight away?

Have you heard of this happening before?

I will get some photos up after work today (UK time)

I'm a bit worried about them being fake. They do look like they've had a hard life and I was planning on

getting them powder coated. If they do turn out fake I'll try to claim through PayPal!

Would they put polarized lenses in fakes? They also have 'made in USA' on one ear sock an 'ce' on

other. I know that's no guarantee though.

Thanks everyone for all your help! Fingers crossed they're the real deal.