• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X Squared Problem

Should I send them back without him officially accepting refunding me? At the moment he has just said in a message "I can have my money"

I'm sure in a past case where an item didn't turn up I received a message from eBay stating that the seller had offered a refund. I found this more reassuring!

I'm fairly sure I should get my money back and if needed I have the emails from Oakley Europe to use. Just the idea of sending them off without any official

confirmation is quite worrying!

I will not tamper with them in any way as that might spoil my case against him.

I wanted to retaliate to his message but I need to stay calm and not escalate the situation!

wait a few more days until you can escalate the case...ebay will give you instructions to send them back or get them destroyed...offer the seller a chance to get his foakley back by giving you the refund first...otherwise if he disagrees its his loss and your gain.

Don't send anything anywhere until paypal have given you your money back.I bought some juliets off gumtree not long ago and they were magnetic and about 50% heavier than they should of been. PP ruled in my favour and I held on to them until the guy gave me money to send them back to him and refunded my p and p.
I figured he chose to sell them as authentic so I shouldn't loose out.
Good luck

I think I should get my money back but think it will be when ebay escalate the case as seller is not cooperating really.

Can't see it going in his favour as I have evidence from oakley that they are counterfit. Also they will be able to see that he has been trying to get me to end the dispute which I believe is him trying to trick me.

Better news is I've now purchased a pair of juliets! 2nd generation titanium with gold iridium and a serial number which checks out. Should have them by Friday. Seller says the nose bridge is fine&condition is great. Fingers crossed!

Fingers crossed on the next pair!! :) hopefully you get the real deal. If the bridge is loose or isn't tight enough, sending them to x man shall do the trick :D

Just to let everyone know, eBay have sorted dispute in my favour so I am getting a refund and have returned the fakes.

Will keep an eye out to see if they get relisted!

I'm now enjoying my genuine juliets which are amazing! Glad to be an x metal owner.

Thanks again to everyone who helped out!

As for the lens not being polorized, I have a pair of Ducati five squared with black polorized lens. It's etched "Ducati" not "polorized". So I thought all Ducati lenses were polorized. Also I have 2 pairs of Ducati Juliet's and neither one has any etching on the frames. I know they're legit.

I don't think they're all polarized.

Mine were definitely fake and polarized which seems strange as genuine x squared ducati aren't .

Luckily mine have gone back to seller, I just hope he doesn't sell them to someone else!

if the lens is ducati etched AND polarised, theyre likely fakes.

the ducati lenses in the xmetal range were never polarised. in fact i dont think any ducati black iridium lenses were polarised?

shoot some pics up. we can tell how real they are pretty quick. pics of he screws and also the frame