• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X-squared Replacement Ear Socks

mopiko

I should Work at Oakley
hi guys,

Not quite sure if this has been asked before.
Checked the sticky thread "X-Metal Unobtanium - Interchangeable?"

Juliet earsocks fit: Juliet, Xmetal XX, Romeo, Penny, Mars
Juliet temple shocks fit: Juliet, Xmetal XX, Romeo, Mars
Juliet nose bombs fit: Juliet, X squared

X squared earsocks fit: X squared
Xsquared nose bombs fit: X squared, Juliet
X squared tempe shocks fit: X squared

Looks like if my x-squared rubbers are trashed, i can use the juliet nose bombs only.

What are my options for swapping T-socks and especially earsocks.

Does Oakley sells X-squared replacement earsocks+nosepiece kit like the Juliet's?

the Juliet tshocks fit the Xsquared as well... its just that the Xsquared ones are hollow in the centre so are softer.. doesnt really make a diff if you fit the right size?

and yeah earsocks are unique to the pair. so you'll need a new set.

the Juliet tshocks fit the Xsquared as well... its just that the Xsquared ones are hollow in the centre so are softer.. doesnt really make a diff if you fit the right size?

and yeah earsocks are unique to the pair. so you'll need a new set.

i see, thanks for the info! Brip~:)

Yea, then again..where can i buy those authentic X-sq earsocks? hmm..

If you don't find any XS earsocks locally let me know. I'm pretty sure I have a few sets. Shipping from Canada is pretty pricey.

I used a LineGear set on my last custom, they worked out very nicely FWIW.

New How is the quality of linegear compared to OEM. I have emerald lenses in my Carbon frame and was thinking about getting the green set of rubbers.

As a whole I would say that the quality is very good. My only complaint/ observation would be about the t-shox being the standard Mars/ Romeo/XX/Juliet ones.
The XS has the hollow ones and on my 24K the standard x metal t-shox supplied seemed to pop out of the cavity. Don't know if the plating had anything to do with that.