• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X-Squared & Romeo 2.0 Question

Razerwire

And then there was X...
Falls Church, VA
Anyone know what size hex screwdriver is needed for them? I don't have any hex screwdrivers and should probably buy one. I'm referring to the flex coupler screws on the X-Squared and the lens replacement screws on the Romeo 2.0.

Typically allen keys come in a set. Unless you're looking for the exact size screw driver with an allen head.

I don't have any so i can't tell you what size they are. That's the most help i can offer :(

Nope...... T-5 Torx for XS nosebridge and for lens replacement on Romeo 2....Done several swaps already.......T-6 for stems...

Dunno, but I use a T-5 without an issues. Also when I purchased my aftermarket Romeo 2 lenses they came with a T-5

Hmm... i'd be weary of this even though XMM has no issues. If the Torx slips, you might get yourself in trouble again with stripped heads.

The XS uses a .050 inch hex head (except earlier models that use a metric 1.3mm). A T5 is .055 inches, so technically you might be able to force it in as they will fit point to point reasonably well. However I strongly recommend against it as you'll be damaging the socket. Not only because your using a bit that is slightly too large, but becasue you are greatly reducing the surface area of the bit in contact with the socket, which puts too much force on the delicate facet junction and will eventually result in the head stripping.

Latest Posts

Back