1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Razerwire

Razerwire And then there was X...

Anyone know what size hex screwdriver is needed for them? I don't have any hex screwdrivers and should probably buy one. I'm referring to the flex coupler screws on the X-Squared and the lens replacement screws on the Romeo 2.0.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. SpliceD

SpliceD B-)

Typically allen keys come in a set. Unless you're looking for the exact size screw driver with an allen head.

I don't have any so i can't tell you what size they are. That's the most help i can offer :(

3. xmetalmaniac

xmetalmaniac Made of Metal Premium Member Lifetime Member

Its a T-5 Torx screwdriver.

4. Razerwire

Wha? I thought it was a hex/Allen type?

5. xmetalmaniac

Nope...... T-5 Torx for XS nosebridge and for lens replacement on Romeo 2....Done several swaps already.......T-6 for stems...

6. Razerwire

But... My screw heads are hexagon shaped and not star shaped. Is mine different?

7. xmetalmaniac

Dunno, but I use a T-5 without an issues. Also when I purchased my aftermarket Romeo 2 lenses they came with a T-5

8. Razerwire

I guess if the six points on the torq screws can fit in the six points of the hexagon it should work with no problem.

9. SpliceD

SpliceD B-)

Hmm... i'd be weary of this even though XMM has no issues. If the Torx slips, you might get yourself in trouble again with stripped heads.

10. dcl10

dcl10 Oakley Beginner

The XS uses a .050 inch hex head (except earlier models that use a metric 1.3mm). A T5 is .055 inches, so technically you might be able to force it in as they will fit point to point reasonably well. However I strongly recommend against it as you'll be damaging the socket. Not only because your using a bit that is slightly too large, but becasue you are greatly reducing the surface area of the bit in contact with the socket, which puts too much force on the delicate facet junction and will eventually result in the head stripping.