1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Bostonfin

Bostonfin Oakley Beginner

Hello, new guy here been wearing oakleys since 98. Have two pairs of the old juliets with ruby lenses the dark ruby. I was reading on o-review that the x squared line ruby lenses have a variance in color. Some are the dark ruby close to the originals and others are closer to fire. Can anyone confirm this? If that is the truth I would love a pair of these with the dark ruby lenses and will start stalking the o-store by me. Thanks in advance.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Razerwire

Razerwire And then there was X...

That pair has been on my want list for a while now and every pair I've seen seem to have the same shade. But now that you mention this I'll be sure to ask the people at my local O Store and Vault about it.

3. jiveSEVEN

jiveSEVEN I Should Work at Oakley...

This has been on my want list as well, and it will be my first pair of Juliets. To stay on topic though, I have heard of 2 different shades of the ruby lenses in these..

4. Bostonfin

thanks for the info, I will be going wednesday to check these out and see if I can find a pair of the dark ruby. Does anyone know if they let you examine multiple pairs of the same glasses at the o-vault?

5. TOWSNBN

TOWSNBN Oakley Beginner

Yes the Xsquared rubies are subject to variations as with all ruby lenes. I have seen one that are very purple(the scalpers would term it "first generation"), some that are very fire like, and some that are red with some yellowing on the edges as when the first rubies were released 11 years ago.

6. Bostonfin

Thank you for the information. I love the "first generation" rubys on my juliets hopefully I can find a similar tint in the x squared. Also, I had no idea this was common with all ruby lenses, thank you again for the information.

7. Razerwire

Razerwire And then there was X...

Now that I think of it, the Ruby Iriduim that I put into my TF Gascans do look more like Fire Iridium.

8. TOWSNBN

TOWSNBN Oakley Beginner

Good luck on finding a dark ruby one. They are out there. I managed to find mine after going through no less than 14 pairs so all it takes is patience.

9. Hed568

Hed568 Oakley Enthusiast

If the oakley vault employee sees you decked out in oakley gear then they would probably go the extra mile and have you look at all their stock

10. tavers

tavers Oakley Expert

I've seen them purple ones first hand - they're beautiful! Sadly, all the ones online I've seen seem to be the fire like version. I really don't want to pay $AUD RRP.