• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X Squared size comparison

I thought I was the only one. Lol. Same for me, but it's the right side of my head.

thank goodness I read this thread. I also thought I had to be the only one. Juliet's stick out a little further on my left side. I experimented with the nose bombs but that did not really help. Did not consider putting a different temple shock in one side... Will try when I get home today. What a wealth of useful knowledge here. thanks!

Ok, here we go...

First, requested pics of a Juliet lens sitting on top of an XS, Fire on BIP (that was a good idea BTW)... as you can see they're actually pretty close, just the lower outside corners have more coverage on the XS...

20150827_223658.jpg

20150827_223710.jpg

20150827_223727.jpg

Then some traditional side-by-side pics, they're really pretty similar...

20150827_223124.jpg

20150827_223131.jpg

20150827_223135.jpg

Finally a couple of "stacked" pics, you can see the XS earstems are shorter and closer (both pairs have size 15 shox in them)...

20150827_223212.jpg

20150827_223241.jpg

Cheers Kronin, you're a legend! Looking at those photos, there's not a huge amount in it is there, I can now appreciate the extra coverage the xs lens gives in the corners and the extra width appears to be more in the arm mounts/ jet intakes which in those photos doesn't look too extreme.

Now seeing the Juliet lens on the xs lens, I have done the same with a Jupiter Squared (opposite colours too!) and now the XS seems 'small' lol

image.jpg

So it's safe to say, I certainly would like an XS now, hard choice is which colour way! Oh and finding one for a bargain price :D

same here - all my metals have size 15 temple shocks one side, 25's the other.....

Oh crap, how have I not thought of this before?! Just tried this on 2 pairs and now they fit perfectly! I now love Juliet's even more, thanks dude :cool:

Still need an XS though :cool-20:

before, I thought the XS was bigger than the Juliet but realized later on that it wasn't really that big cause I was able to wear Omatter square frames and pulled it off..
so I was pretty confident that I can pull it off with the XS even before buying..and it did..what a beauty!

Should've posted this the other week, but after starting this thread 2 bits of luck happened involving some extra money good timing I saw mjt42 had a pair up for sale... and now they're mine!

And I love 'em, easily the best over-all Xmetal (Penny's will always be #1 lol) in the range IMHO!

image.jpg

They are really comfortable to wear, could wear them all day, and they appear to suit me ok, I'm lead to believe!

image.jpg

Cheers for your help guys, such a great forum :drinks:

Latest Posts

Back