1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. MTBer

MTBer Oakley Beginner

I just received a new pair of ice iridium Juliets, and with the smaller nosebombs they fit great. But, I was wondering if I might be able to use an extra set of X squared T-shocks I have sitting around to relax the fit slightly and save the flex coupler a little wear and tear.The X-squared shocks are a little longer, but it appears that they could be trimmed down to size with a razorblade. Has anyone done this?

Thanks!

Kevin

Last edited: 8/15/13
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Krank

Krank Oakley Enthusiast

The XS Tshocks are hollow. If you cut them and puncture the air pocket inside them, they may not perform as well. Just a thought. Might be better off modifying a regular Juliet T shock by trimming its thickness a bit.

3. Oakley plumber

Oakley plumber Oakley Beginner

I called oakley to buy a set of t-shocks for my x squared and they sent me shocks for juliet. The fit just fine.

4. MTBer

MTBer Oakley Beginner

I called Oakley just a couple weeks ago and they sent me a brand new set of the hollow t-shocks for my XS. Either they literally JUST ran out, or maybe the CSR you talked to made a mistake. The guy who helped me out sounded like a big fan and really knew his stuff.

Krank, are you sure the XS shocks have an air pocket? They just seem hollow with a really thin layer of rubber.