1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. iupui1299

iupui1299 Oakley Beginner

I won a pair of Carbon Polished X-squared off ebay. I love the glasses. They came with box, coin and soft vault and I got them for a great price. However, when I try and put them in the soft vault they won't fit. I had this same problem with a pair of XX I had a few years ago. I can make them fit if I try real hard but I am afraid the zipper will scratch the metal. Anyone ever had this problem? I heard the X-squared comes with a bigger vault. Everything seems absolutely legit with my glasses just confused on why they won't fit in the vault.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Oakley Stephen

Oakley Stephen Oakley Collector

They do have a larger soft vault for the X Sqaured if the vault does not have the x metal symbol than its not a metal vault

3. iupui1299

It has the x metal symbol.

4. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

take a picture, there are two generations of xmetal vault. the xsquared should come with the larger vault.. but lets see. also there is a way of fitting them in.. lenses facing towards the opening. put the glasses into the microfibre bag then into the case.

5. SpliceD

SpliceD B-)

This is interesting. I have a few X Metal Soft Vaults and i use them all without fitment issues.

6. iupui1299

I'll get a picture here in a bit. Those of you who have pairs of X-squared that fit in the vault....is it a tight fit? Or is there plenty of room?

7. Aprilia Man

Aprilia Man Oakley Beginner

Have no problem with all my XS on the X Metal Soft Vault. Mind you they all came with the box, coin and soft vault. Perfect fit with a very slight allowance inside to make sure the glasses won't get crushed when you zipp the covers together.

Best if you post a pic so we can see your problem.

8. jetta3381

jetta3381 Oakley Enthusiast

http://flickr.com/gp/83559940@N06/X0kS1b
    my XS look like this in the vault

Last edited by a moderator: 5/27/14
  9. iupui1299

Here are some pics. The soft vault is approx. the same length as a micro cleaning bag.

X-Squared won't fit in soft vault. - 20120726112342.jpg

X-Squared won't fit in soft vault. - 20120726112411.jpg

X-Squared won't fit in soft vault. - 20120726112445.jpg

10. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

pull the glasses forward and tilt the lenses side up slightly to let the earstems fall into the case properly. and as i said. put it in the microbag first to prevent any scratching. should fit fine