1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. ucdavis4PT0gpa

ucdavis4PT0gpa THE BEST IS YET TO COME

Alright so I'm adding an X-Metal finish XS and would like to see what other people have installed in theirs in the way of lenses.

I've never been pleased with pretty much any Ruby XS lens (and I already have that combo in the Juliet anyway in a truer Ruby) so looking for what some outside the box combos look like or what people think might look good (and not limited to OEM). I have some BIP lenses I'm considering tossing in there- I'm not much for more subdued looks but, I think that be a bad ass look but I can't find any pics of it LOL

Thanks all as always.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. dragonvoi

dragonvoi Dragonvoi knows xMetal. Premium Member

i always think if the frame is simple the lens should be flashy and vice versa. so in order of preference,

violet, fire, 24k, emerald, ice.

forgot pics...
    X-Squared X-Metal Finish LENS OPTIONS (PICS!!) - ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428023027.839849.jpg

X-Squared X-Metal Finish LENS OPTIONS (PICS!!) - ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428023070.889413.jpg

X-Squared X-Metal Finish LENS OPTIONS (PICS!!) - ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428023137.688156.jpg

X-Squared X-Metal Finish LENS OPTIONS (PICS!!) - ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428023214.855532.jpg

sorry dont have time to swap around lenses for the xsquareds. but i hope these help.

Last edited: 4/2/15
  3. dragonvoi

oooooh just a thought you should get some sapphires cut! those would look SICKKK

4. MachineHead

MachineHead Oakley Enthusiast

oh yeah! sapphires for the win! wonder what donor we could use. any ideas?

5. dragonvoi

badman would be nice but i don't know the curves or availability yet...

6. Carrera1963

Carrera1963 Lover of Juliet Premium Member

You need to be a little careful - Badman is the correct 8.75 curve to be a donor, but Asian-fit Badman is 6 so would have issues.

7. erap

erap Oakley Collector

Ice or slate iridium

8. Carrera1963

Carrera1963 Lover of Juliet Premium Member

So, in x-metal Juliets I have ruby, jade, chrome, tungsten polarised and two frames that have yet to receive their final lenses - one I have specific plans for, the other I think will get one of the Prizms.

MachineHead likes this.
  9. DG85

DG85 Oakley Enthusiast

Correct me if wrong, but BadMan is an 8 curve and a 6 for Asian fit. The sapphire lenses also appear to only source from a BadMan; meaning they're quite expensive lenses to craft. Maybe another somewhat more economical donor will appear that can be had for sub $150.

I have Violet lenses in daily XMXX and in a Finito so my vote goes there. Ice and Emerald, IMO are more subtle lenses. In general I would prefer neutral bases tints over contrast but make an exception for Violet.