• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Xbox One

Yeti

Frostmonkey
Staff member
Calgary Alberta
So, what does everyone think?

Personally, it's exactly what I was hoping it was going to be. I like the HDMI pass-through, the inclusion of BD and the advanced Kinect sounds pretty cool (even though I don't think I've ever used my current one).

A lot of people are complaining about the design, but I think it fits in much better with the other components in your home theatre.

http://gizmodo.com/the-new-xbox-everything-you-need-to-know-about-microso-509033619

Before seeing it and all the features I had absolutely no desire for it. I have a 360 but rarely play it anymore. Now that I've seen what the Xbox One can do though, I kinda want it. It does blu-ray, tv, and the graphics look sick! Lets just wait and see the price tag!:)

Places that sell used games are going to close due to the fact that you have to basically buy a license to play a used game. Typical Microsoft on that one.

Places that sell used games are going to close due to the fact that you have to basically buy a license to play a used game. Typical Microsoft on that one.

The statement is a little unclear, but it sounds like used games are fine.

No backwards compatibility though.

The statement is a little unclear, but it sounds like used games are fine.

No backwards compatibility though.

Microsoft has already said that you will have to pay a "Pre-owned fee" to play a used game that you bought.

It's just up to spec with what one would expect from the next gen, in my opinion.

I'll probably do the same thing I did with the 360 - wait a couple years until I'm done playing through the used library on the previous gen console. There are a TON of 360 games I haven't played that will come way down in price when the 360 becomes "obsolete".

So long as they don't pull support for 360 titles and the "Pre-owned fee" mentioned above doesn't turn out as bad as it sounds I'll be on board.

I think it's great! Who cares if the console is ugly, thinking back the Mega Drive wasn't that great looking, you'll be looking at the TV not that. I'm heading out tomorrow to preorder it :D Name is a bit crap tbh.

God knows how I'll be able to pay for a car, bike, Xbox and trip to NYC the outdoor NHL games :(

that's how you revealed a product. Damn PS spent 2 hours of watching their show and didnt show the console..not hating just saying.

want to confirm also if the xbox one should always be connected to the internet.

Back