• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Xbox One

I'm really disappointed about the used games, even though I buy most of mine new, I have discovered hidden gems from used games. I'm usually an Xbox guy but I might switch to ps4 this gen.

I went out yesterday and pre-ordered the new Xbox, COD Ghosts and that Quantum Break. Really excited and mentioned it on twitter and Xbox Support thanked me for it :D

I went out yesterday and pre-ordered the new Xbox, COD Ghosts and that Quantum Break. Really excited and mentioned it on twitter and Xbox Support thanked me for it :D

add me, frostmonkey83

I don't get on to play a lot these days, but I try my best.

Is there a gamertag thread kicking around here somewhere?

I'm not fond of the backward compatibility issue.

I remember having a boatload of unplayed PS2 games......then PS3 came out and I waited a little while and when I finally got the PS3 the model I bought had no backward compatibility....SCREW THAT. I had to find a older PS3 to play any of my unopened games.

If I am going to buy a newer system it HAS to have backwards compatibility to play all the damn games I have not opened yet!

Anyway......maybe it will be cool but I won't be picking it up anytime in the near future.

I'm not fond of the backward compatibility issue.

I remember having a boatload of unplayed PS2 games......then PS3 came out and I waited a little while and when I finally got the PS3 the model I bought had no backward compatibility....SCREW THAT. I had to find a older PS3 to play any of my unopened games.

If I am going to buy a newer system it HAS to have backwards compatibility to play all the damn games I have not opened yet!

Anyway......maybe it will be cool but I won't be picking it up anytime in the near future.

The problem is they are using a different CPU architecture, so they actual hardware isn't compatible. If it was purely software, then i could understand, but you can't make a next gen console have last gen hardware to play last gen games. Gotta move forward sometime. From what i understand anyway.

The problem is they are using a different CPU architecture, so they actual hardware isn't compatible. If it was purely software, then i could understand, but you can't make a next gen console have last gen hardware to play last gen games. Gotta move forward sometime. From what i understand anyway.

Sony tried with the PS3 (the original versions had a full PS2 chipset in the case) and it ended up being a horror.

Backwards compatibility is always a nice idea, but it's rarely ever worked well. The PS2 is probably the only GOOD example

Having no backwards compatibility also keeps the cost down. I'm thinking the ps4 and the xboxONE are gonna start at $500

Latest Posts

Back