• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

For Sale XM X Squared frame and 2 sets of lenses

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Username Hidden

***CHANGED MY MIND, A FEW INQUIRIES BUT NO DEAL YET, SO I AM KEEPING THIS FRAME - LENSES WILL BE AVAILABLE IN A SEPARATE THREAD***

pics first talk later ;)

IMG_20160909_152910.jpg

IMG_20160909_152955.jpg

IMG_20160909_153643.jpg
IMG_20160909_153622.jpg
IMG_20160909_153636.jpg
IMG_20160909_153627.jpg

I have a super tight X Squared X-Metal frame - can't find a scratch or blemish on it
...great, right?

The thing is its TOO TIGHT FOR ME!!! :rolleyes:

That is a shame since I have had brand new frames that showed more wear in the finish. There is no indication this frame has been refinished either.

Seriously, this is X-Man meets Superman wearing their X-Metals in Metropolis tight, which is great for some folks - that is why I am offering it up. If I keep it I'll have to break it down and replace whatever concrete and mortar bonding is currently in place, which is probably more trouble than its worth for me considering that it is uncommon for me to actually wear X2s (and cab space is limited, but that is another story/thread).

Note: I have a couple of pairs from @THE X-MAN that are quite tight, this is up there with them, he could have done these for all I know.

Anyway, I just scored this here on the forum earlier this week (thanks @Jheyvip !!) and it arrived with another pair, both better than advertised. I am going to keep the other (Plasma) and install some Ti polars. This frame will then be offered with the lenses from both of these frames, specifically:

- Ruby lenses that were initially listed as aftermarket but could possibly be OEM, @Jheyvip is not certain, so he listed them as aftermarket. I'm not so sure. They have the correct base, resemble other OEM Rubies I have seen in the past, and also have some peculiar streaking I've also seen in OEM Rubies. Anyway, they may or may not be, but they are clean and the streaking does not impact vision - they are quite usable and I would keep them if they were polar (but then we know they would not be OEM LOL). A solid 8+/10 on these with a lot of life left in them.

- The other lenses have a nice blue/sapphire tone to them, a few marks but also quite usable. I'll rate them a 7/10.

...and of course the frame, which is practically flawless except for the over-tight bridge! :confused:
- The frame has no marking, a last tranche or OCP no doubt, which makes me lean even more to the lenses possibly being OEM. The orbital gaskets were trashed and I do not have spares. The rubbers I am keeping for spares since I have none (I know, shame on me). This again makes it easier to let go of the frame only, no rubbers. I disassembled the frame and intend to leave it that way. I can provide proper pair of orbital screws on the side if you like, just ask.

More pics...

IMG_20160909_153205.jpg
IMG_20160909_153211.jpg
IMG_20160909_153215.jpg

Again, a very, very clean, tight frame, and two usable sets of lenses, what you see in the pics (+orbital screws optional). Keep in mind that Linegear full rubber sets are only ~$30, including tshox & orbital gaskets. ;) Unless you already have OEM rubbers, of course, which would make this an even better deal for you. I need to net at least $360 to mentally justify letting this beauty go....

$390.00 PayPal G&S shipped CONUS

(more pics to follow, looking through the lenses)

IMG_20160909_153123.jpg
IMG_20160909_153136.jpg
IMG_20160909_153032.jpg
IMG_20160909_153107.jpg

Last edited:
Some people reacted to this post.
pm sent

Some people reacted to this post.
Status
Not open for further replies.