1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. saulsaul

saulsaul Oakley Expert Premium Member

What's the rule/etiquette on trade offers?

Context: I have a couple of sale pieces that I'm also interested in trading. Getting lots of PMs with trade offers. Is it like sale offers where the seller should deal with each in order, or is there a different but fair way of handling trade offers? I mean, I'm in discussions with a couple of members, but then a better trade offer comes in!

And what if a sale offer suddenly comes in. Just abandon all trade discussions?

Don't want to cause any offense so advice from experienced traders appreciated.

motoGP_fanatic likes this.
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Dallas O Hog

Dallas O Hog O.C.D. Oakley Collecting Disorder haha Premium Member Lifetime Member

Take best trade offer. Doesn't have to be first one who pmd u. Just be fair and communicate that u are trading and if u want let them know the trade

3. saulsaul

Got ya. So transparency is the key. Let everyone know I'm in multiple discussions and don't worry about order.

What if item is for sale AND trade and a sale offer comes in?

4. Campagnolokid

Campagnolokid Oakley Enthusiast Premium Member

Im wondering exactly how a trade works as well. Im assuming thwres no guarantee youll actually get your glasses....do we just have to trust the other party and go for it?

5. Carrera1963

Carrera1963 Lover of Juliet Premium Member

Yep, agree with Dallas, I'd go for the most desirable trade. You probably have an (implicit or explicit) order of preference (which may include sale) and I can't see that it would be wrong to go for that.

6. kronin323

kronin323 Font of Useless Knowledge Premium Member

Go for the best deal. The only exception is if you've already agreed to sell/trade with someone, then you should honor it even it something better comes along before the transaction is completed. But that's just ethics.

7. saulsaul

Thanks for the replies guys. You've confirmed my hunch that I can have more than one trade discussion at the same time. Yes, if the deal is agreed it would be very bad form to back out and switch.

motoGP_fanatic and kronin323 like this.
  8. kronin323

kronin323 Font of Useless Knowledge Premium Member

It's not unheard of but it's dishonorable. And you seem like an honorable guy... ;)

motoGP_fanatic and saulsaul like this.
  9. Oakle y

Oakle y Something Something Darkside Premium Member Lifetime Member

Generally the person with lower feedback ships first, once the person with higher feedback receives the item they ship theirs.

10. saulsaul

That's very interesting and useful. This is where the feedback system, trust, and other forum member testimonials really matter.

Bronzefunk likes this.