• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

XMetal Exchange Trade etiquette

With the trust .............. I'd recommend a neutral third party...... that is the better bet.

In all seriousness, I appreciate the intent of this proposed method, but it doesn't necessarily eliminate the "honor" issue. I mean you still have the issue of that "trustworthy" 3rd person to honor his end of the deal and shipping the items respectively. Granted I can see where this 3rd "reputable" member would/could mitigate a lot of the uncertainty and concerns, just saying it's still a risk technically.

Bottom line is this: If 2 parties agree to a trade, they are both essentially agreeing to take on the risk of the unthinkable (losing their piece and not receiving the agreed upon item).

In all seriousness, I appreciate the intent of this proposed method, but it doesn't necessarily eliminate the "honor" issue. I mean you still have the issue of that "trustworthy" 3rd person to honor his end of the deal and shipping the items respectively. Granted I can see where this 3rd "reputable" member would/could mitigate a lot of the uncertainty and concerns, just saying it's still a risk technically.

Bottom line is this: If 2 parties agree to a trade, they are both essentially agreeing to take on the risk of the unthinkable (losing their piece and not receiving the agreed upon item).
True. But there are actually people here who I would trust to be that third party. They would do something not to benefit themselves but to help other people. Surprisingly enough there are still people like that who exist today.

Reading PayPal guidelines it seems that buyer protection only applies to items purchased via eBay ... Is that right? If so, that's a further complication.

that's not true. Paypal is no longer under the same umbrella as Ebay now. Also, as long as you pay the fee (Goods and Services), you are protected.

Thanks. Funny.

On that note, thanks again to all who gave advice and an opinion in this thread. It was really informative and probably deserves to be a sticky.

Latest Posts

Back