• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Xmetal Juliets -real ?

Little Update,, had an email waiting when i got in form the seller,,,asking me to " Give me a call please 910 -***-**** "
Guess ill be calling in the morning.

more updates: just got a reply from the seller that he did accidentally send the wrong case and glasses. When i first messaged him he thought i was complaining about the hard case they came in.
Also said he would be sending the correct glasses tomorrow and also sending $10.00 for me to mail back his favourite glasses he sent by accident.

Aha! You have his favorite glasses hostage!

lol yup there only a pair of flaks with polarized fire iridium lenses ( and a second set of XLJ's).
Just hope there's no more mess ups he had to goto the actual post office to mail them.I guess the first package was picked up from his home.
He also gave me the insurance tracking number.

Final update :
Finally the correct glasses were delivered yesterday ,paid $100 for all that's pictured ( not including the stand)
The lenses in the frame are the wavella's as well as the ear socks and temple shocks.
Not sure if the other two sets of lenses are the original ones but there are the original ear socks,temple shocks,and nose bits. Serial number is IP011765B
108_0045_zps847d806b.jpg

108_0048_zps9dfe39e7.jpg

108_0047_zps9e401602.jpg

108_0066_zps3062cc77.jpg

Congrats - The serial indicates it's a 3rd gen plasma frame that originally had ice polarized lenses.

I don't have any first-hand experience with the quality of Walleva rubbers but I highly suggest you get some OEM replacement lenses or custom cuts.

Hope you enjoy them!

Yup yup,, its all on the list to get done lol.
Gonna be either ordering some OEM lenses from oakley.com or go to the new oakley valult opening a week from friday,to see what they have in stock.( im gonna be so broke after that :D )
The nose bridge a a little loose,but i'm guessing that's for movement to fit the face.
My only concern is when the glasses arn't over my face there no my head,i just hope doing that wont make the bridge prone to breaking.

The flex couplers in nosebridges allow flex to better fit different faces, but they do wear out. No need for a tuneup until it gets to be a problem, then just send them to x-man. I don't think wearing them on top of your head will make them worse (unless you have an unusually shaped head). Personally, when they get loose enough that they won't stay up there (keep sliding back down) then I decide it's tune-up time.

Though I have seen some orbitals snap where the tab goes into the nosebridge, that's under extreme conditions; shouldn't happen with normal wear.

Back