• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Xmetal /rubys

THE X-MAN

I am Jim Jannard...
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
ILLINOIS
Does a second run xmetal / ruby still have that first run ruby color.does anyone have pics of this 2nd gen frame?
I just bought a pair of these and as any xmetal freak....I need more info.
and somebody find me a box for this thing....I can make you a deal you cant refuse.

i read somewhere on the forum that there is really no distinguished shades of ruby for first run or second run. the redness of the ruby as compared to the fruby was just dependent on the production at the time. so if one would have the ruby with a lot of purple, he was just lucky. i have a later non serialized x metal ruby with very red and lots of purple ruby lenses...

There are no generations really. Its just how it was made. Some later production pairs can still pop in color and some early ones are not as dark as others.

Some later production pairs can still pop in color and some early ones are not as dark as others.
Yeah and the more of these that I see the more I understand why the Ruby Iridium of the earlier X Metals carried higher prices. A first gen Juliet brought almost a 50% premium over other Juliet colorways and a Ruby Penny carried roughly a 30% premium. Yet the Mars was priced even with the other Mars essentially. The old Rubies are different for sure.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back