• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Xmetals In 2015?

Speaking neutrally, I think it's a couple of reasons.

China has a reputation in the US for producing items of cheap quality, primarily because they're produced a lot of items of cheap quality. But it doesn't mean everything produced in China is cheap quality (a lot of you love your iphones and ipads, right?) and several with insider knowledge have attested that the China plants producing Oaks are as state-of-the-art as anything here in the US.

Second, I think there's a degree of patriotism. When a company moves their manufacturing from the US to offshore, it takes jobs away.

But to get technical, the cracks / paint / corrosion issues you mention really are design flaws, not manufacturing defects. So it doesn't matter where they were produced, as far as those problems go.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423351096.422708.jpg

:p

I look at it like this,I'd rather have an old sharps rifle that is engraved on the receiver.....made in Montana then made in Italy .just some things are better made here.....

I guess the big question to all of you is how much more would you be willing to pay to see products stamped with "Made in USA" again? Would you pay 40-50% more? Would a Badman/Madman be a more attractive product if it was made in America but costs $600 instead of $400? I don't doubt any company would be willing to sell the products we want, made in a way we want, but it'll take a lot of convincing that we're willing to pay the price for it.

I see lots of rumor, fan-made photoshops,etc but is there a confirmed facts-only thread? I feel another expensive hobby coming on.

Latest Posts

Back