1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. SecretNinja

SecretNinja Oakley Expert

Does anyone have any opinions on the best aftermarket rubber for an XS? I bought a set from somewhere, can't remember who but, the temple shocks don't fit.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. OakleyCan

OakleyCan Oakley Collector

Linegear is regarded as the best aftermarket provider.

OEM rubber is still relatively easy to acquire for now...

3. SecretNinja

I agree, @OakleyCan. I usually buy from LG. I'll double check to see where they came from. If not LG, I will for sure add them to my next order. Thanks.

4. SecretNinja

Yes, they were from Walleva. At least the temple shox can be used in other frames and, the earsocks can probably be trimmed slightly on each end to fit an XS if needed.

5. pupusasrock

pupusasrock Oakley Enthusiast

It is? Where? The last time I tried to look for OEM rubber I found some guy selling a set on Ebay for $50...

mercat likes this.
  6. OakleyCan

OakleyCan Oakley Collector

Last time I was at the Vault they had Juliet and X-Squared rubber.

You can also view this thread to see the list of interchangeable rubber as other models may be more readily available at your local O store:

http://www.oakleyforum.com/index.php?threads/1134/

Last edited: 11/9/15
    SecretNinja likes this.
  7. Jontoad

Jontoad Oakley Expert

keep in mind sometimes if the temple shocks won't stay in it means the washers in ear stems need to be replaced. when the washers wear and the arms feel loose people tighten down the screws on the hinges. eventually they get tightened down far enough that it squeezes the frame down enough that the rubbers get pinched and don't want to stay in.

thisguy and SecretNinja like this.
  8. joecool862

joecool862 Keeper of the Skull Premium Member Lifetime Member

Interesting point! I've never seen the t-shocks fall out but this makes sense. Definitely don't want to squeeze anything too tight with those screws. Best to get a nice new set of ear stem washers... I like the ones @scienergy sells personally, but Linegear makes excellent ear stem washers as well!

9. SecretNinja

I replaced the washers today with much thanks to @zwc0442 for providing them. Earstems are nice and tight. Just the way I like them. There still is a slight uneven lean which leads me now to a bridge tune. I have a complete new rubber kit on the way (sand grey) to match the others. Just wish now that I would have gotten couplers at the same time.

10. mercat

mercat Oakley Enthusiast

I have to agree..
    And some here sell it with ebay prices..