• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

XS Concerns - Did I get fakes?

XMetalGuy86

Oakley Beginner
Hi everyone,

Glad I found this board. I purchased a pair of Carbon XS off eBay last week, and they arrived on Wednesday. Now, I already have a pair of Plasma/Ice XS that I got years ago direct from Oakley, but I was always a fan of the Carbon's and finally managed to snag a pair.

Everything appeared to be on the up and up before I bought them, but when I opened the box and noticed a couple of things were off. First, the X Metal logo on the hard case is black, whereas it's silver on the case that came with my Plasma's. Second, the microfiber pouch is very different. The one that came with my Plasma's says HDO with "Oakley High Definition Optics" under it, and the back as the O logo on the back. The bag that came with the Carbon's is very different and says "Genuine Software" with the O logo on the front. In addition, the Carbon's weigh significantly less than my Plasma's. Also, the warranty booklet that came with the Carbon's is white, vs the black one that came with the Plasma's.

Please see the attached photos, I'm really hoping these are legit because I paid over $500 for them, but I'm concerned that I may have been scammed.

Here's the hard case and bag that came with my Plasma's:
DSCN2309_zpsd3tggaya.jpg

And here's the Carbon's and everything that came with them:
DSC_0508_zpsckwtpqmn.jpg

DSC_0509_zpsipqietst.jpg

DSC_0506_zpsjakqgstp.jpg

DSC_0507_zpsmag2ogfj.jpg

DSC_0510_zps4vlgwm0y.jpg
DSC_0516_zpsqs3u81h1.jpg

DSC_0517_zps9c211xoo.jpg

I can't see pics that were linked from a hosting site instead of uploaded directly.

But here's how to figure it out...

Look at the inside of the nosebridge, where the screws are. Flathead? Fake. Hex? Legit.

They look like a nice legit pair. If they really weigh significantly less than your plasma pair, make sure that pair isn't fake.

I'm trying to fix the images now. I wasn't aware I could upload directly to the board.

Most people should be able to see them. It's just my work network blocks hosting sites.

But as a general practice it is preferred to upload directly, for archiving purposes.

2 more images because I read the thread that was posted here and it said if the ear stems curve, they're like fake:

DSC_0519_zpsdk4jho0f.jpg

DSC_0523_zpsyl1qr8jt.jpg

Back