• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

XS Concerns - Did I get fakes?

I see a couple of you have said there's nothing to worry about with these. Any idea what's with the micro bag? Just curious, I've always seen the HDO tags on the bags that came with XS.

Still, how much is "significantly less"? Because fakes are usually made of aluminium instead of titanium, and therefore weigh more.

Holding them side by side, it's not as much as I originally thought. Part of that might have been my own OCD after seeing the other red flags, but they're only slightly lighter.

I see a couple of you have said there's nothing to worry about with these. Any idea what's with the micro bag? Just curious, I've always seen the HDO tags on the bags that came with XS.

The microbag could have been switch with another pair's. I have a few pairs of Oakley and don't really know which bag came with what pair unless the special editions (Ducati, Ferrari, IH, Elite, etc...)

Sounds too me is the seller probably used the original case and the zipper broke or he lost it, bought the only other case you can buy for x-metals and just used a spare bag to sell it. The case, bag, and glasses are all genuine Oakley, so is the curve on the ear tips, the ones the post about fakes is for Juliets, the fake Juliets have a curve out on the end of the stems. The X-Squared came with them curved.

Congrats on a sweet pair of X-metals!!!!

Yeah I can see the pics now. They're legit. The other stuff was probably cobbled together from other sets.

That thread I posted earlier, if you read through the whole thing it talks more about how good XS fakes are compared to other x-metal fakes - the other x-metal fakes all have noticeable discrepancies and flared earstems, but the XS fakes are pretty much identically shaped. But the nosebridge screws are a conclusive indicator and yours are good. Along with other details.

Latest Posts

Back