• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

XX 24k Lens Fitting Issue

mopiko

I should Work at Oakley
Hi guys,
Anyone encounter this?
No way I can fit in the 24k lens: tried 3diff pairs of 24k lens
pyzyvy4a.jpg

What frame is that?

Its XX polished..24k stripped down
If it was a first gen 24K XX I have heard plenty of anecdotes that there is a lot of variation in the orbitals/fits with the earliest XX's.
Not with later XX's.

I have the same prob. with a 1gen Juliet frame I have. I've tried 2 different sets of Ice Iridium Polorized lenses in with neither fitting. Other lenses I've tried fit right in.

I have the same problem with my 1st gen XX 24K but noticed this on the left orbital alone. I think the 24k lens fitted is the recent one with the "H" hydrophobic sticker. The 1st gen 24K lens looks more of a Fire Lens though as compared to that of the new 24K lens produced. Is it really like that? Thanks

Hm just ordered a pair of 24k from Oakley for my 24k XX. Hopefully I won't run in to this problem.

yuuuuup. have the same issues. line up the lens with the orbital see where it look like it is too big, tape the lens up with some painters tape (blue masking tape) exposing the side you want sanded down then sand it down with some fine grit sand paper, 800 and above.

Back