• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

XX 24k Rehab

good2mod

Oakley Expert
I got the shipping information and I'll be sending these bad boys for rehab in HQ. My question is do i need to remove the all the rubbers(except the nose pad) knowing that they will replace them? also, im confused because the guy spoke last night told me that they dont have parts for XX but they can tighten the nose bridge. But with the lady I spoke this afternoon told me that yeah we will replace them(rubbers) including the screws. So do you think they have the parts that I need or just settle for 3rd party on ebay? :confused:

thanks..

-012.jpg

take all the rubbers off, you might get lucky and the guys would find a replacement, but in the meantime take 'em off, even the gaskets and lenses. send the bare frame only... it's true they don't have replacement pieces for XX (except lenses) but the last time I took my XX they install a new set of nose pads, not Juliet, XX pads

take all the rubbers off, you might get lucky and the guys would find a replacement, but in the meantime take 'em off, even the gaskets and lenses. send the bare frame only... it's true they don't have replacement pieces for XX (except lenses) but the last time I took my XX they install a new set of nose pads, not Juliet, XX pads

Ok. noted. thank you carlos!

When was the last time you went, Carlos?

When i went (earlier this year), they didn't have nose pads at all. And i brought in all 4 of my XX's to get serviced. The only thing he did was tighten up the bridge.

Last time were about two months ago, they took my frames to the back (as usual) and they came back with all the correct rubber, even the nose pads and actually they change the earstem of my tio2 that was broken (remember I had a thread looking for R1 or XX earstems?)

ditto, its worth the chance. no loss in doing it

ditto, its worth the chance. no loss in doing it

Ok. I just the 24K, frame only and left a note saying it needs, set of rubbers,screw,repair, etc. Hope they would be able to find replacement parts. :blink:

I sent in a bare X-Metal XX frame with a shot nose bridge and broken hammer stem few weeks ago. When I got it back it was all reassembled with a fixed nose bridge and straight ear stems. They installed regular Juliet nose pads and X-Squared orbital gaskets...I was kind of hoping they would find some spare parts to put it all back together, but at least they pieced it together with what they had.

Back