1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. good2mod

good2mod Oakley Collector

I got the shipping information and I'll be sending these bad boys for rehab in HQ. My question is do i need to remove the all the rubbers(except the nose pad) knowing that they will replace them? also, im confused because the guy spoke last night told me that they dont have parts for XX but they can tighten the nose bridge. But with the lady I spoke this afternoon told me that yeah we will replace them(rubbers) including the screws. So do you think they have the parts that I need or just settle for 3rd party on ebay? :confused:

thanks..

XX 24k Rehab - -012.jpg

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. oakleyandi

oakleyandi Oakley Collector

take all the rubbers off, you might get lucky and the guys would find a replacement, but in the meantime take 'em off, even the gaskets and lenses. send the bare frame only... it's true they don't have replacement pieces for XX (except lenses) but the last time I took my XX they install a new set of nose pads, not Juliet, XX pads

3. good2mod

Ok. noted. thank you carlos!

4. SpliceD

SpliceD B-)

When was the last time you went, Carlos?

When i went (earlier this year), they didn't have nose pads at all. And i brought in all 4 of my XX's to get serviced. The only thing he did was tighten up the bridge.

5. oakleyandi

oakleyandi Oakley Collector

Last time were about two months ago, they took my frames to the back (as usual) and they came back with all the correct rubber, even the nose pads and actually they change the earstem of my tio2 that was broken (remember I had a thread looking for R1 or XX earstems?)

6. SpliceD

SpliceD B-)

Nice. Guess they found some stock. The only thing i got from my tune up was a spare 24K nose bridge.

7. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

ditto, its worth the chance. no loss in doing it

8. good2mod

Ok. I just the 24K, frame only and left a note saying it needs, set of rubbers,screw,repair, etc. Hope they would be able to find replacement parts. :blink:

9. echav23

echav23 Oakley Enthusiast

I sent in a bare X-Metal XX frame with a shot nose bridge and broken hammer stem few weeks ago. When I got it back it was all reassembled with a fixed nose bridge and straight ear stems. They installed regular Juliet nose pads and X-Squared orbital gaskets...I was kind of hoping they would find some spare parts to put it all back together, but at least they pieced it together with what they had.

10. SpliceD

SpliceD B-)

Wow, what a way to downgrade a pair of XX's. From Hammerstems to straight. At least they're now useable.