• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

XX 24k Rehab

I dont know because my 10-month son mixed them up when i tried to compare them. Lol which one is bigger the juliet nosepad or the xx? I checked my only juliet and they have the same with the ones i got from oakley.

You can tell if they are stretched juliet bombs becasue the bomb when installed does not follow the slots cut for the XX bombs. They sorta look "unfinished" since they don't cover up what they are supposed to.

But happy that you got them back in better shape than they left.

Hey guys,

I just signed up because of this thread. I have the X Metal XX 24K that I have corrective lenses in and wear all day, and I am having the same issue with the sloppy bridge. I was told by customer service(over the phone) that there was nothing that could be done. Not happy with that, I contacted corporate and asked to speak to head of warranty and after some phone tag, we conversed and I was told to send them in and they would "see what they could do."

Now I find this thread....

It looks as if those with the same issue, as I, are getting results! How!? Who are you talking to? I know that I was instructed to send them in, but needless to say, I don't feel 1005 about the outcome.

Have you guys heard about the guy in the Philippines that fixes these types of issues; i was told about him on the Oakley forum on Facebook; it seems like he has a has a good rep, but I really don't want to send my frames all the way over there. I did talk to the guy via email and he "seems" legit, and said that he is using actually Oakley gaskets, he called them unuptanium (no idea in hell on how to spell that) or something like that. Did Oakley unload their inventory after they discontinued the X Metal?

All I want is to get the damn bridge fixed. I'm not even bitching about the gold wearing off or the arm rubbers needing to be replaced. I wear them as ever day corrective glasses and them running down my face every 2 or 3 minutes is getting a bit old.

Thanks guys!

Hey guys,

I just signed up because of this thread. I have the X Metal XX 24K that I have corrective lenses in and wear all day, and I am having the same issue with the sloppy bridge. I was told by customer service(over the phone) that there was nothing that could be done. Not happy with that, I contacted corporate and asked to speak to head of warranty and after some phone tag, we conversed and I was told to send them in and they would "see what they could do."

Now I find this thread....

It looks as if those with the same issue, as I, are getting results! How!? Who are you talking to? I know that I was instructed to send them in, but needless to say, I don't feel 1005 about the outcome.

Have you guys heard about the guy in the Philippines that fixes these types of issues; i was told about him on the Oakley forum on Facebook; it seems like he has a has a good rep, but I really don't want to send my frames all the way over there. I did talk to the guy via email and he "seems" legit, and said that he is using actually Oakley gaskets, he called them unuptanium (no idea in hell on how to spell that) or something like that. Did Oakley unload their inventory after they discontinued the X Metal?

All I want is to get the damn bridge fixed. I'm not even bitching about the gold wearing off or the arm rubbers needing to be replaced. I wear them as ever day corrective glasses and them running down my face every 2 or 3 minutes is getting a bit old.

Thanks guys!

CALL the warrranty hotline, and tell them you need to send it in for a "tune up"- thats the official term they use and thats what will click for them. they will tighten up the nosebridge, and fresh rubber all round (probably best to send it in without all the rubbers so you can get spares, youre paying for it anyhow) best of luck. they shouldnt tun you down..

Thanks for the reply Bro, but that's what I did and I got the whole "noting we ca do - discontinued" spiel. I hope that speaking with upper management gets something done. I just can't believe that they left us with no place to turn, in getting these fixed, on the best series (and costly) frames they've ever had.

Just out of curiosity, when were the X Metal XX discontinued and why? I also find it weird that the X squared, which are relatively still somewhat new, were also discontinued so quickly, and with no Tune Up service.

Ciao

I got the shipping information and I'll be sending these bad boys for rehab in HQ. My question is do i need to remove the all the rubbers(except the nose pad) knowing that they will replace them? also, im confused because the guy spoke last night told me that they dont have parts for XX but they can tighten the nose bridge. But with the lady I spoke this afternoon told me that yeah we will replace them(rubbers) including the screws. So do you think they have the parts that I need or just settle for 3rd party on ebay? :confused:

thanks..

-012.jpg

Oh how I missed the days that my XX looked like that, but the deserts of Iraq, Afghanistan, Africa, etc., take a toll, lol...

Back