• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

XX 24k Serial Ending A (2nd Gen) Not Matching The Serial On The Box?

emjaycee23

Vocare Ad Regnum
State of Qatar and NY
Hi O-Bros,

I've recently purchase a XX 24k having a serial ending with letter A (XG ******A) complete with box, as the seller sent me a pic (which ill post later) showing both serial no. of the frame and box, it seems to be both are obviously not matching and seller claim that these are common for any 2nd gen or 3rd gen line , are these normal to all the 2nd gen or 3rd gen release of x metals?

appreciate any of your expert advise.

thanks

Miss-matched boxes are probably pretty common. I thought my first pair of XX were Romeos for about 10 years because the dealer gave me the wrong box. I only found out what they were when I started to do research to replace them after they were stolen.

What I have seen in this situation if the seller is claiming the box is original, the selling stores would often just sell the one out of the case and grab an XX Metal box from below but not the matching one... If not, he most likely just grabbed one online and is selling as a matching set just not original box...