• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Xx 24k Xmetals

mgdannyk

Oakley Beginner
Hi all just thought I'd join and share my sad story

A few yrs back I bought my 1st pair ok oakleys, after snapping various cheap glasses I thought I would treat myself so I got a nice new 24k pair and loved them:smile: in 2009 me my wife and my glasses got married and went on honeymoon to the florida keys, we were on a party cruise with water sports ( jet skis , water skis , parasil ) the usual stuff, anyway there was a windsurf attached to the back of the boat that we could use so I thought why not give it a go, so armed with my trusted oakleys I set off and fell off got back on only to realise that my glasses had gone :sad: so I dove straight in to see if I could find them I shouted some people to get me a snorkel and mask but nothing :blink::doh:, I felt as if someone had cut off my arm I nearly cried but held it together , worst thing is my wife was filming me so you see me going in with them on and coming up without them:sad:, there's 1 cool looking fish just off key west :cool:, so as soon as we got back ashore I was straight on the web ordering my replacements a new pair of 24k s but there just not the same:mad:
Anyway I now need replacement lenses nose bomb and ear socks 1 of the screws that hold the lenses in is missing ( I think this pair was made on a Friday ) does anyone know if I can get parts

Hope you enjoyed my story and if the fish is caught please email me:smile:

Wow, great first post ever but eBay is your best bet or the ads section. However you need more than one post and should read the board rules. Nothing is free.

Hi all just thought I'd join and share my sad story

A few yrs back I bought my 1st pair ok oakleys, after snapping various cheap glasses I thought I would treat myself so I got a nice new 24k pair and loved them:smile: in 2009 me my wife and my glasses got married and went on honeymoon to the florida keys, we were on a party cruise with water sports ( jet skis , water skis , parasil ) the usual stuff, anyway there was a windsurf attached to the back of the boat that we could use so I thought why not give it a go, so armed with my trusted oakleys I set off and fell off got back on only to realise that my glasses had gone :sad: so I dove straight in to see if I could find them I shouted some people to get me a snorkel and mask but nothing :blink::doh:, I felt as if someone had cut off my arm I nearly cried but held it together , worst thing is my wife was filming me so you see me going in with them on and coming up without them:sad:, there's 1 cool looking fish just off key west :cool:, so as soon as we got back ashore I was straight on the web ordering my replacements a new pair of 24k s but there just not the same:mad:
Anyway I now need replacement lenses nose bomb and ear socks 1 of the screws that hold the lenses in is missing ( I think this pair was made on a Friday ) does anyone know if I can get parts

Hope you enjoyed my story and if the fish is caught please email me:smile:

hey welcome. wait it out till you get into the exchange forum to hunt for parts, but basically, the lens screw and earsocks are same as those on the juliet.

the nosebombs however, are VERY RARE. really, really rare. if you still have your old ones, i recommend not throwing them out.. try to clean it up and make it work. you can stretch a juliet nosebomb on but its not the same.. plus you can easily damage it.

good luck.

Back