1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. saulsaul

saulsaul Oakley Expert Premium Member

XX came in Ice, Black, and 24K.
    What, if any, OEM replacement lenses were produced, other than those 3?

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. BHarry

BHarry The Eclectic Collector

I bought a pair recently that had an extra set of like new Ruby lenses. They had no box, but they looked like an OEM finish on the edges and the seller swore they were an "ultra rare" replacement lens. :idk:
    XX lens question - image.jpeg

Last edited: 2/10/16
  3. saulsaul

That would be amazing. In all my collecting I've never come across a replacement (OEM) that isn't one of the standard lens colors. If Oakley didn't produce other colors, I'm very interested in why. XX was a popular model and customers must have asked for other color lenses. Someone will know the answer, I'm sure ...

BHarry likes this.
  4. Dallas O Hog

Dallas O Hog O.C.D. Oakley Collecting Disorder haha Premium Member Lifetime Member

Never heard of it and with no matching box I'd be weary. Ice, BI and 24k all I've seen. I've done a custom cut ruby before

Brian Nickell and BHarry like this.
  5. Oakley-olic

Oakley-olic Oakley Expert Premium Member Lifetime Member

Only the 3. Some of the custom cuts that are machine cut look like OEM.

6. BHarry

BHarry The Eclectic Collector

I have a set of custom cuts too, but these do look a lot like OEM. I had bought a pair of TiO2s that came with several pairs of extra lenses. I intended to use them, so it didn't matter to me. Custom cut or OEM, I had already paid and was happy with the deal. Still, the seller seemed very proud of the fact they weren't cuts. Either way, the seller sure thought the were originals (and I am still happy) :)

motoGP_fanatic likes this.
  7. saulsaul

So why didn't Oakley produce a range of replacement lens colours? Really odd.

8. jdd32

jdd32 X Metal Workshop

Judging by the second hand xx market prices and rarity of certain models, I don't think xx was that popular back in those days. Probably the reason why they didn't release replacement lenses in other colors.

Dallas O Hog likes this.
  9. saulsaul

True but there were still tens of thousands made including the Xmetal version 2008 re-release.