• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Xx Metal 24k Price?

mopiko

I should Work at Oakley
Hi guys, what's the price range for a new pair of the double X metal 24k?
I am offered a brand new pair conplete pair without serial for usd575.
Yea or neh?!

A used pair with box coin etc. sold last week for $630, and there is a similar one on ebay now for $580 with 19 bids, so $575 seems reasonable.

Hi guys, what's the price range for a new pair of the double X metal 24k?
I am offered a brand new pair conplete pair without serial for usd575.
Yea or neh?!
Really new? Really, really new or merely a complete boxed set?
To wear or use as a display queen?
Different standards and different prices.
Do you need the box and packaging or just the bare pair?
I think just a touch on the high side but so little of a touch that if this scratches an itch that you have then so be it.
But for that price they should be new/new and unused.
If not then $500-ish IMHO.
They might be junk if FG does not own them yet. :wink:

Thx for the advise guys.
Apparently yea, its a really really new set. I actually saw it in an optical shop selling it in a small town who is an authorized dealer. Must have kept in the shop since ever.
My 2nd thought of it, its TOO BAD that it is not a serialized pair.

Im to keep it as display. Cant afford to wear them seriously with that price.

TOO BAD that it is not a serialized pair
Why would that really matter for a pair of these? I don't recall any fakes in this colorway and with the original materials legitimacy should not be a concern.
Shame that you don't want to wear them, they're comfortable and striking in their appearance.
Lenses are plentiful too- they're not leather Mars.

Why would that really matter for a pair of these? I don't recall any fakes in this colorway and with the original materials legitimacy should not be a concern.
Shame that you don't want to wear them, they're comfortable and striking in their appearance.
Lenses are plentiful too- they're not leather Mars.

1. Serialised pairs are first/second generation which means it would have the nicer plasma finish. also, who DOESNT like to have a serialised pair instead, esp at those prices.
HOWEVER, unserialised almost certainly means a 2009 re-release.. in which case the lenses are hydrophobic

2. Not wearing the 24K is perfectly understandable. the Gold is known to fade from use, and once it goes, theres no easy way of refinishing them. To use as a wear pair, get TiO2 or a Xmetal frame instead.

1. Serialised pairs are first/second generation which means it would have the nicer plasma finish. also, who DOESNT like to have a serialised pair instead, esp at those prices.
HOWEVER, unserialised almost certainly means a 2009 re-release.. in which case the lenses are hydrophobic.

Okay, I guess that I am not that hung up on serialed units- complete boxed pairs with extra rubbers and paperwork mean more to me than serials on an earstem. I do understand the difference in the plasma coloring but I don't know if the OP did- no insult meant. Earstems get swapped around so much onto so many different frames that it makes me dizzy. Would you pass on a pair of Ichiros at a fair price complete with everything but lacking a serial? In that case I find more value in the packaging, presentation and condition of the lenses. They certainly did not produce more Ichiro boxes than sunnies did they?

2. Not wearing the 24K is perfectly understandable. the Gold is known to fade from use, and once it goes, theres no easy way of refinishing them. To use as a wear pair, get TiO2 or a Xmetal frame instead.[/QUOTE]

If a pair of 24K were worn about 50 times would you expect to see wear? I'd pull the rubbers over the ends to protect the finish and rock them as much as I pleased.

Back