1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Sappy

Sappy Oakley Enthusiast

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. saulsaul

saulsaul Oakley Expert Premium Member

Is there variation in XX Plasma labels? This looks different from the labels on the ones I've had.
    Mine had a different style and font and the letter A before the serial, not W. Is this a label for a 2nd release of the XX Plasma?

This is the ebay label:
    XX PLASMA/ICE BOX 4624 - s-l1600.jpg

3. Carrera1963

Carrera1963 Lover of Juliet Premium Member

The style of the 04-125 etc font is unusual but the rest is as per. Genuine label, W for warranty perhaps? The majority of mine have As as the prefix too.

A couple have a different style, matching the x-metal Ichiro's sticker. And a couple of late ones start D, after the line was discontinued.

saulsaul likes this.
  4. CarGuy

CarGuy Oakley Expert Premium Member Lifetime Member

Yeah it's a legit warranty label.
    I saw that listing, seems a high price for just an inner box w/o outer sleeve and coin.
    I suppose though it could be viewed as more valuable because it would make any unboxed pair more complete. A W box is like a wild card since (from my experience) W serial boxes didn't mateh the frame serials and often warranty frames weren't serialized.

Malv1 and saulsaul like this.
  5. saulsaul

saulsaul Oakley Expert Premium Member

Thanks both - useful info. It is over-priced though.

6. Malv1

Malv1 Oakley Collector

Very overpriced with no sleeve. The coin isn't a big deal but an incomplete box is crazy for even half that price.