1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. saulsaul

saulsaul Oakley Expert Premium Member

Thanks to @RoTors for trading with me. My R1 XMetal for his XX TiO2.

Special thanks to @InfiniteHero for the custom slate lenses which arrived today.

These were cut from Flak XLJ (very tight) and the first attempt didn't work out through some kind of machine fail. While many would cut their losses and refund the disappointed customer at that point, not IH. He immediately ordered replacement Flaks without my even asking and organized a second attempt.

That led to a perfect fit you see below and very happy customer (me). I know you made a loss on this IH, so hats off to you for the service you provide.

Isn't it lovely:

XX TiO2 Slate - IMG_0751.JPG

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. thisguy

thisguy Oakley Expert

Congratulations on the great frame and lenses. IH does an excellent job at customer satisfaction when he is providing lens for custom cuts.

saulsaul likes this.
  3. iamFLIP

iamFLIP [{#%^*+_\|~<>?!$&@}] Premium Member

That looks really nice! I don't like slate lenses because I prefer darker iridium polarized ones but that it matches with that TiO2 frame nicely.

saulsaul likes this.
  4. CarGuy

CarGuy Oakley Expert Premium Member Lifetime Member

Love Slates, wearing a pair today!
    Custom cuts can be a pain. You can toast a cut for someone and you are in a position to replace the lenses resulting in a loss for the cutter.
    Then on the other hand you have people that are afraid to cut them themselves because of the potential downside yet they don't think cutting is worth much, like $20 or so. But you gotta have a lot of trouble-free transactions to break even on that one that you toasted, especially if you have to pay full retail for the replacement donors.
    Some people don't even try to make it right, they just sweep it under the rug and move onto the next "favor".
    Nice job of taking one on the chin @InfiniteHero , especially on an International transaction!

stevepc74 and saulsaul like this.
  5. saulsaul

What does international transaction have to do with it? I pay for tracked insured shipping, use PayPal goods and services, and am a reliable repeat buyer. There's no additional risk to seller than selling to the guy round the corner :)

6. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

Congrats !!! Nice to hear it worked out and he has another satisfied customer

saulsaul likes this.
  7. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

Actually there is more risk selling to the guy around the corner cause he can come over and kick your ass. :p

Bronzefunk, stevepc74 and saulsaul like this.
  8. RoTors

RoTors Oakley Expert Premium Member

Love the R1 I gsined from our trade, but I am missing the TiO2s :(

Maybe we could work out visitation rights LOL

Slate looks really good with TiO2, nice choice on those lenses!

supersharp and saulsaul like this.
  9. supersharp

supersharp X-Metal Connoisseur Premium Member

Those look really great. One of these days....

saulsaul likes this.
  10. saulsaul

I'll post pics from time-to-time for you ;-)

RoTors and supersharp like this.