1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. saulsaul

saulsaul Oakley Expert Premium Member

The XX is a recent auction purchase - a slightly worn set for daily wear.

I also recently bought a set of Juliet custom cut VR50 Gold lenses and loved the tint and transmission so much for overcast days and evening cycling, I had to get a pair for XX. A local cutter did me these from a Fast XL donor.

I know the Prizm Trail is probably an optically superior alternative for cycling in cloud with a high transmission (30%) like the VR50 Gold (35%). I'm getting a Prizm Trail XX cut soon, but still think I'll be using the VR50 Gold which feels 'warm' to look through.

Once you've tried all the XMetals and know your favorites, you then have the pleasure of endless experimenting with lens tints. Expensive but lovely hobby :)

XX with VR50 Gold - IMG_3268.JPG XX with VR50 Gold - IMG_3269.JPG

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. supersharp

supersharp X-Metal Connoisseur Premium Member

That's a beautiful frame. Once I get back on my feet, I think I want to pick up a few XX frames. I'm missing my XMXX, but they went for a good cause. Any you are right, once you have tried all the X-Metal frames, there are endless lens combos to try. ;)

3. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

Congrats :)

saulsaul likes this.
  4. QLR1

QLR1 DARK SIDE, embraced!

Congrats!

I can concur with trying on all the metals and figuring out the favorites...the problem is the damned money lol

Sent from Q's Note5

5. cyclerdoug

cyclerdoug Oakley Expert Premium Member

Love these damned things too, Q, especially the Julies. But I have the same problem you do...too much month left at the end of the money!!

:mad:

Nice pair Saul!!!

saulsaul and QLR1 like this.
  6. Carrera1963

Carrera1963 Lover of Juliet Premium Member

You know I'm all about that too :D I'd have far fewer than 49 Juliets if that wasn't the case!

saulsaul and QLR1 like this.
  7. gulfstream

gulfstream Oakley Collector

Really nice set there, awesome daily :cool-20:

saulsaul likes this.