• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

XX with VR50 Gold

saulsaul

I am Jim Jannard...
Tokyo
The XX is a recent auction purchase - a slightly worn set for daily wear.

I also recently bought a set of Juliet custom cut VR50 Gold lenses and loved the tint and transmission so much for overcast days and evening cycling, I had to get a pair for XX. A local cutter did me these from a Fast XL donor.

I know the Prizm Trail is probably an optically superior alternative for cycling in cloud with a high transmission (30%) like the VR50 Gold (35%). I'm getting a Prizm Trail XX cut soon, but still think I'll be using the VR50 Gold which feels 'warm' to look through.

Once you've tried all the XMetals and know your favorites, you then have the pleasure of endless experimenting with lens tints. Expensive but lovely hobby :)

IMG_3268.JPG
IMG_3269.JPG

That's a beautiful frame. Once I get back on my feet, I think I want to pick up a few XX frames. I'm missing my XMXX, but they went for a good cause. Any you are right, once you have tried all the X-Metal frames, there are endless lens combos to try. ;)

Congrats!

I can concur with trying on all the metals and figuring out the favorites...the problem is the damned money lol

Sent from Q's Note5

Love these damned things too, Q, especially the Julies. But I have the same problem you do...too much month left at the end of the money!!

:mad:

Nice pair Saul!!!

Back