• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Yellow Vs H.I. Yellow, Persimmon Vs H.I. Persimmon

Rustpot

M Frame Lover
Clarkston/Romeo MI
Has anyone owned both a standard and high-intensity version of the same lens tint?

Looking at contrast lens options for indoor shooting ranges, and I'm debating between these 4.

Any benefits for the HI version besides looking a lot cooler with a subtle iridium?

I'd like to hear the opinion of anyone who's owned one of these 4 lenses as well.

Thanks!

I shoot indoors with an M-Frame w/Persimmon. It works for me. I don't think I'd be interested in any lenses with reflective iridium lenses, no matter how cool I look. There's enough other distractions in there for me to worry about.

I don't think I'd be interested in any lenses with reflective iridium lenses, no matter how cool I look. There's enough other distractions in there for me to worry about.
How would the added iridium coating be something for you to worry about? If it doesn't do much besides look cool I agree I don't need it, but if it has added benefit I'm all for it.

the iridium on H.I lenses disperse the light evenly across the lens

Can you elaborate?

I really have no idea, I'm just hypothesising. The iridium coating acts like a mirror, no? And it reflects the light away from my eyes? If I'm shooting indoors, I think I'd want a lens that lets IN the light, not reflect it. I want to see! That's why I go with Persimmon, it seems to brighten everything up. But like I said... right or wrong, it works for me.

I won a Radar persimmon for a low offer on eBay, so I guess I'm going with that one for now.

If anyone has a HI persimmon for Half Jacket, Flak Jacket, M-Frame, or Radar that they'd like to let go for testing and comparison purposes... let me know!

i have some doubts there is a lens 'labelled' high intensity yellow, even though it is listed on transmission leaflets. i have several glass labelled 'yellow', including beams frogskins, torchwear straight jacket, pacha thump 2.0 (spare lens), gentei x frogskins, & m frame sweep. some are sold as H I yellow, but all labels i have seen state 'yellow'.

The Flak standard cut lens is available in all 4 (this has the most lens choices offered right now as well).

HI Persimmon Iridium
48fe3fb9a06fe.jpg

Persimmon
46afa1c59d47d.jpg

HI Yellow Iridium
48fe40602b4f3.jpg

Yellow
48ff4988b2b14.jpg

Rustpot...thanks for clearing that up, interesting that there does exist a genuine high intensity yellow lens, i will need to add an example to my collection. i wonder if there are any others apart from the flak, that are actually labelled h i yellow.

Back