1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. xmetalmaniac

xmetalmaniac Made of Metal Premium Member Lifetime Member

He is what we have. Oakley OEM white Unobtainium installed on a Half Jacket 2.0 with modified OEM lenses. The Unobtainium was Installed without the use of anything but warm water. They were never worn as they just sat in my case. Today I was moving my omatter case around and found what you see in the pics below. I am using 4-4watt LED daylight bulbs in my 3.0 case. This pair was on the top shelf since I put them together. I can't think of anything else that may of caused this. Just a heads up for those of you using white unobtainium and displaying them. I tried to clean them with soap and water but it appears it's going to need a bit of something else. I checked all my pairs with white OEM inobtainium and none of them did this. Some where on the top shelf as this one also

Yellowing of White Unobtainium - 7f9bd231f71ecadc31c76f3d9ab95095.jpg
    Yellowing of White Unobtainium - c75b292dc633dd7584457da178b69d22.jpg
    Yellowing of White Unobtainium - 71c24805887eef14de827dd0bf6aa4e8.jpg
    Yellowing of White Unobtainium - e42250060d0f9be2690837fa4c93921c.jpg

Sent from my X Metal iPhone

Last edited: 5/27/16
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Dyeraudio

Dyeraudio Juliet Enthusiast

Wow. That's a great looking pair......

3. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

Agreed

4. Rusty M

Rusty M Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Very nice!! Color way looks great!!

5. BlackClu

BlackClu Oakley Beginner

Did you put them on even once? Oils and other substances on your skin can cause coloring issues, with even the slightest exposure and time. Too bad to see that happen.

6. Tomtucker

Tomtucker Oakley Enthusiast

Yes, this is something that happens to stuff that are white, i myself have a large collection of Nike shoes and also Authentic MLB jerseys, over time it is very possible that part of the white turns yellow, even though you have never used or touched the item. A terrible feeling when you spend $200+ on something, luckily here the earsocks can be replaced at a low cost

7. psychephylax

psychephylax Oakley Beginner

I had that happen to a pit bull in white, I did wear it in the winter though

Posted OnTheGo™

sst_23 likes this.
  8. NoFair

NoFair Oakley Collector

I've seen it on used white Splits as well. Might be worth trying H2O2 if you have any available.