• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Yellowing of White Unobtainium

xmetalmaniac

Made of Metal
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Florida
He is what we have. Oakley OEM white Unobtainium installed on a Half Jacket 2.0 with modified OEM lenses. The Unobtainium was Installed without the use of anything but warm water. They were never worn as they just sat in my case. Today I was moving my omatter case around and found what you see in the pics below. I am using 4-4watt LED daylight bulbs in my 3.0 case. This pair was on the top shelf since I put them together. I can't think of anything else that may of caused this. Just a heads up for those of you using white unobtainium and displaying them. I tried to clean them with soap and water but it appears it's going to need a bit of something else. I checked all my pairs with white OEM inobtainium and none of them did this. Some where on the top shelf as this one also

7f9bd231f71ecadc31c76f3d9ab95095.jpg

c75b292dc633dd7584457da178b69d22.jpg

71c24805887eef14de827dd0bf6aa4e8.jpg

e42250060d0f9be2690837fa4c93921c.jpg

Sent from my X Metal iPhone

Last edited:
Did you put them on even once? Oils and other substances on your skin can cause coloring issues, with even the slightest exposure and time. Too bad to see that happen.

Yes, this is something that happens to stuff that are white, i myself have a large collection of Nike shoes and also Authentic MLB jerseys, over time it is very possible that part of the white turns yellow, even though you have never used or touched the item. A terrible feeling when you spend $200+ on something, luckily here the earsocks can be replaced at a low cost

I've seen it on used white Splits as well. Might be worth trying H2O2 if you have any available.

Latest Posts

Back