• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

You may only bump your thread every 48 hours

Yeah it's always been a rule but functionality to enforce it was implemented in late July IIRC.

Basically it prevents you (thread owner) from making two sequential posts within 48 hours. If someone else posts on the thread it unlocks it to allow you to reply.

I believe you can still edit your OP to reflect price drops, but as far as a price drop bump goes you still have to follow the 48 hour rule. That was debated quite a bit and concluded not to make an exception.

yea i haven't posted any for sale items in awhile so didn't know. the 48 rule was fine by me.. like Jmarcia said.. there are ways around it. but if i am going to break the rules at least do it for something worth my while. (like franks c6's!!!)

@OakleyFrankFMJ !!!

One problem with preventing users from replying to their sale own thread within the 48 hours is when initially posting a sale that needs multiple posts because of the 15-photo limit.

I did that recently and there was no way for me to post “reserved” for a few subsequent posts so I could have time to add my other items. Thankfully another member immediately recognized what I was trying to do, and he posted several replies so the forum would unlock my ability to reply to my own sale, so then I was able to put up a few “reserved” posts, and then he deleted his posts. Could there be some rule that allows the OP to reply to the initial sale post within the first 10 mins or something, then afterwards block further replies until the 48 hour mark.

@SoulFulFrog I didn’t realize it at the time but the reason @htrap2294 posted several times on my thread was to unlock my ability to put up reserved posts that I could later edit. He knew I could not edit his posts, he was just allowing me to post. Thanks htrap2294!

There is a “glitch” in the 48hr bump rule. @OakleyBoss there are some member this doesn’t work on, some members can make back to back posts within 48hrs in their sale threads while others can’t.

There is a “glitch” in the 48hr bump rule. @OakleyBoss there are some member this doesn’t work on, some members can make back to back posts within 48hrs in their sale threads while others can’t.
I know I can't. It tells me right on a sale thread I post that I cant bump until someone replies or the 48hours.. I've noticed this too..

The thread is locked to the OP for 48hr unless another member posts in the thread, per say a question, OP can then respond. Afterwards the time is reset

The thread is locked to the OP for 48hr unless another member posts in the thread, per say a question, OP can then respond. Afterwards the time is reset
Well the one I posted above was clearly not, 1st 5 posts were the OP

Back