• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

You spent HOW MUCH on sunglasses?!!

OStuff is cheap compared to other things...
I spent $16k building this and then the motor blew and I had to write off the car note

E5EA2DF2-6C85-4528-8227-2883181B3AD8_zps6okzk2gw.jpg

OStuff is cheap compared to other things...
I spent $16k building this and then the motor blew and I had to write off the car note

E5EA2DF2-6C85-4528-8227-2883181B3AD8_zps6okzk2gw.jpg
I would be pretty annoyed if a vehicle I spent a ****load of money on blew up. I've got two that I spent a LOT on. One I expect things to just break on it but the other should never have any issues at all.

I would be pretty annoyed if a vehicle I spent a ****load of money on blew up. I've got two that I spent a LOT on. One I expect things to just break on it but the other should never have any issues at all.
I found out later that the OG owner had head trouble and replaced two sets of timing chains on it had I know that I wouldn't have bought it and built in into a stage two track car boosting 24psi

My first thought when I saw the title of the thread was, "You spent HOW MUCH at the ophthalmologist???"

(yay for spell check, I can never spell that word even if my life depends on it...)

So I told my friends I'd be getting some Oakleys and then the first thing they ask is how much they are... so I tells them 195ish and they're like " :eek: WHAT?!!!! Why on earth are you spending that much on shades when you can get some for 10 bucks in a store down the road... " and then I showed them a pic of fuel cells and they're like "....they're plastic!!!" And now they think I'm insane because imma spend 195 bucks on some plastic sunglasses :(

What on earth do you say to that?

Don't worry about what they say. Their probably just jealous. I will admit Oakleys are not the cheapest sunglasses out their. But you also have to remember you get what you pay for. You spend $10 on some glasses then they will probably break in no time. I thought I was crazy when I spent somewhere close to that I'm not exactly sure because it was about 5 years or so ago. They were best sunglasses I ever owned. I have sense bought 2 more pairs. I spent a little more on those 2 pairs but that's because I went to Oakley and customized them. I've not saw anyone with a pair anything like mine. I have saw the same brand but not with plaid frames Orange Oakley O White Earsocks and my name etched on the lenses. So if you want them don't worry about someone hating on you. Heck you only live once and enjoy your life don't worry what others think. Good luck and if you get the Oakleys I think you will be happy with them.

Back