1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Yeti

Yeti Frostmonkey Staff Member Premium Member

I am sure there are other Android fans on here, but are any running any highly customized setups?

I am running AOKP Maguro Jelly Bean 4.2.1 on a Galaxy Nexus w/ Nova Launcher.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. hearno

hearno Oakley Collector

Uh, I have go launcher or something. Samsung droid charge. I wanted to do more but there's too much out there for me to want to sift thru it all. I checked and have 2.3.6 firmware.

If you can recommend something, I'm all ears.

3. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

iPhone here. Sorry.

4. Yeti

eesh I am sure there is a factory update available for your phone. You'll see huge performance improvements if you can find one. I'll see what I can find for you...what network are you on?

5. Yeti

I spoke too soon. Looks like Samsung kind of abandoned your phone. There are options available but they are really sketchy so I wouldn't suggest it.

Apparently they were supposed to release an Ice Cream Sandwich update, but that got scrapped and they EOL'd (end of life) the phone so it's essentially dead now.

6. Eckstream1

Eckstream1 Addicted to O

I've got a Samsung Note 2 running stock Jelly Bean... For the moment.

I just moved over from a HTC Evo running Liquid ROM (custom ROM my buddy designed)...

I can honestly say that I have no issues with my Note 2 running JB 4.1.1 and Touch Wiz... This thing is really sick!

7. btr

btr Oakley Enthusiast

Currently running a Samsung T769 AKA T-Mobile Blaze. I've tried just about every rom for this phone, I keep coming back to slimbean 3.1.0.

8. hearno

hearno Oakley Collector

Great... Happens to every phone I buy. To the point I'll never purchase another motorola product. Luckily, the phone has everything I need or want for now. Thanks for checking.

9. Yeti

At this point the only way to guarantee you are going to have good aftermarket support with Android is to buy a Nexus device direct from Google (best option and price) or one of the Galaxy S# line.

10. gene

gene Oakley Enthusiast

I'm using Galaxy S3 with 4.1.2 firmware.
    I have yet to really customize my phone and would probably go with GO launcher soon.
    Downloaded this free weather app by GO and I had to uninstall it because of some inaccuracies.
    Great app just waiting for an update from the developer.