• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Your biggest issue with Oakley's today

I believe its a law in china jon that they have to stamp made in china in all the products that's made there, now they can put assembled in china if the materials are from here but if all are made there and not exported they have to stamp MADE IN CHINA.

they may as well etch "made in china" in the lens, it would be more dramatic! lol

they may as well etch "made in china" in the lens, it would be more dramatic! lol
I don't know if im right or wrong bro I think the lenses are made here its just the frames that are made in china. Im sure they would etch made in china on the lenses as well if they want to hahahahaha.

I don't know if im right or wrong bro I think the lenses are made here its just the frames that are made in china. Im sure they would etch made in china on the lenses as well if they want to hahahahaha.

the issue here bro is that they are aware of the risk and implications it will affect the brand if it is stamp of " made in china". This is only some aspects that pertains to simple things affecting marketing. Certain people here assures us that oakley still on top of the situation, but i certainly disagree. They may have greatly doing their best to create us the best design possible, they may keep on trying and i appreciate that but their hands are tied to Lux.

Last edited:
They make it clear it should be on the product (the frame) itself. The box would have its own markings if it's imported. I think this is a relatively recent thing. When Oakley was having Wires and accetate overseas, it used to be their didn't have to state Made in China. Now the laws state they do.

Each country has their own import laws. I don't know the particulars for other countries, unfortunately, though I suspect they do indeed have something similarl

there is no escaping the stamping of made in china then, the only option is to stop producing in china. But that option is not possible. I dont think if casual buyer really care or even aware of it. The long term implications might be positive or negative but time will tell how long the brand stays. Who knows.

Back