• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Your First Pair

Yeti

Frostmonkey
Staff member
Calgary Alberta
I am sure this has been done, but I searched and didn't find anything so no yelling at me!

What was everyone's first pair(s)?

Mine was a Cheetah Eye Jacket in I believe 1995. I was only 12, so I can't be blamed for the horrible choice haha. Can't remember what happened to those.

Second pair was a M Frame Sweep Black/Grey in I think 1997. Lost those at my cottage.

Third pair was an Electric Mustard 1st Gen Straight Jacket. Absolutely loved those glasses...and I have no idea what ever happened to them.

I think it was 1982 maybe 83?. I bought a pair of Factory Pilots, black with grey lens, for $35 on sale. Gauranteed for life at that time. Normal price was was $50, outrageous for plastic sunglasses..

Half Jacket XLJ Bronze, got them back in 02 I believe. Still have the replacements after having lost the first pair.

My first pair of Oakleys were a set of Oakley 3's in red for my BMX bike. In fact I still have them, somewhere.

My first pair of glasses was a Carbon Fiber, 1st gen, M-Frame which broke. I think it had a lifetime warranty. Our local Oakley rep gave me a Joker Green frame as a replacement. I was truly disappointed but he also gave me a couple of black frames to make me happy.

I think it was 1982 maybe 83?. I bought a pair of Factory Pilots, black with grey lens, for $35 on sale. Gauranteed for life at that time. Normal price was was $50, outrageous for plastic sunglasses..

My brother bought a pair like that. Did the rubber on the earpieces fall off on yours? His did and he tossed them. I really wish I stopped him from doing that.

My first Oakley: Minute Gen 2 -Black Metallic | Black Iridium Polarized - sku #04-085
Bought in 1999
And I still have that pair (top right)

Last edited by a moderator:
Oakley Romeo 1 Titanium Gold Iridium way back 1998. Sadly lost them only after a year of owning them.....

But now I'm happy again! Got 7 romeos at the moment! (3 complete colorway w/ box no cracks, 1 jordan no box and 3 more spares)

A boxed jordan will complete the romeo collection!

My brother bought a pair like that. Did the rubber on the earpieces fall off on yours? His did and he tossed them. I really wish I stopped him from doing that.
Yes, a few times. Had them replaced a few times. There was a high failure rate and they soon changed the lifetime warranty to 1 year.

Latest Posts

Back