• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Your First Pair

14693078058961443666687.jpg see what I mean

Definitely the same family

According to Dann at o-review, plate was one of the two descendants of scar, the other being valve. Really the frame under the plates is almost identical to scar, though lacking the metal temples.

You can learn more in this review. Directly clicking on the link won't work, you have to copy and paste the URL...

Oakley Reviews Episode 15: Plate Platinum / 24K Gold Iridium

According to Dann at o-review, plate was one of the two descendants of scar, the other being valve. Really the frame under the plates is almost identical to scar, though lacking the metal temples.

You can learn more in this review. Directly clicking on the link won't work, you have to copy and paste the URL...

Thanks for the research, pretty cool never heard of plates

Just went to other wen site and those things are awesome can't believe I never came acrossa pair in my years of collecting. They are definitely on my next to buy list for sure!

Just went to other wen site and those things are awesome can't believe I never came acrossa pair in my years of collecting. They are definitely on my next to buy list for sure!

Just be careful - there's a lot of fake plates out there, and even the real ones you have to be gentle with, the plates on the frame have been known to come off. Which can be fixed with superglue, but still...

Last edited:
Back