• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

First X-Metal - XX

Looks great. And congrats on your third X-metal. :D🤙

tmp 7.gif

Sorry. Getting ahead of myself. Lol.

Last edited:
Hello OF, pretty new in the forum but a longtime Oakley user. Mainly Prescription glasses (over 2 decades).

Have gone through a lot of RX Oakley frames over the years, but never had an RX Oakley sunglasses as I had no access to those at the time.

Recently undergone Lasik procedure and I am now RX free. I searched around for Oakley sunglasses immediately as I was now free to get whatever design I wanted. Got a few over the weeks and remembered a week back or so about the X-Metals. Then I stumbled upon this forum based on a guy in FB who reached out (@SEAN WAYNE).

The rest is history. Scored my first ever X-Metal from an absolute gentleman from here (@Ti man). He was very patient with my noob questions regarding the X-Metals. Long story short, he sold me an XX in an immaculate condition. Thanks again brother!

Immediately contacted @Chris A Hardaway for OEM custom cut lenses. Heard and read nothing but good things about him. Today, I received the lenses and Prizm Sapphire Polarized is the first one I installed. Absolute beautiful lens and tint.

Thanks to the guys that made this happen.

Now the 2nd X-Metal will soon be on the way. This is gonna be another deep rabbit hole.

View attachment 1133565
Pretty sweet combo XX with Prism Saphire. Wondering whether I am going to get one of these as well (but likely without the polarized lenses). What's the color of the XX?

The XX metals were the last pair of metals I bought brand new from Oakley, I recently found a renewed interest to start expanding my small collection, I am going to hunt down a second pair myself.

Back