• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

0.1 and 0.4 info

Fresh

I should Work at Oakley
Mexico City
I currently have the opportunity of buying 2 zeor models, sadly all I know about them is how rad they look and that Dennis Rodman wore them. Would any of you guys know what they are worth today? The 0.1 (if it is a 0.1) is in great condition but without the box, asking $125. I also noticed that the one I'm being offered has "Oakley" written on the stems rather than the classic "o", were there 2 versions of this model?
The 0.4 is quite beaten, probably a daily wear pair with some peeling on the inside and no box, asking $50. Do you think they're worth it? I'm someone that wears all my pairs, nothing goes on a shelf, so should I buy a set that has a history of being fragile?
Thanks for the insight!
upload_2017-3-27_12-30-39.png

upload_2017-3-27_13-17-7.png

upload_2017-3-27_13-18-13.png

Last edited:
Oakley written out is first gen. The O is second or maybe was called new Zero. Can't remember. Either way they are fragile and I would not wear them daily if ever.

I paid 110 for my .4 boxed not mint but very nice.

The 0.1 is definitely worth it. The 0.4 depends on how bad the lenses are. Because you can't easily change lenses (and even if you could, they're next to impossible to find), if they are badly scratched, you are really only buying for display, or to complete your collection. They look great displayed or worn. They have a tendency to snap in the centre of the frame, so do not put pressure on the nosepiece. Keep out of the sun unless wearing. I am pretty certain that this accelerates deterioration of the frame. When applying to face, best to put on face by holding the nosepiece rather than the arms. Also, as they get older, the arms sometimes disconnect from the lens. Be careful!!!

@Lupetto will also have some good tips.

The 0.1 is definitely worth it. The 0.4 depends on how bad the lenses are. Because you can't easily change lenses (and even if you could, they're next to impossible to find), if they are badly scratched, you are really only buying for display, or to complete your collection. They look great displayed or worn. They have a tendency to snap in the centre of the frame, so do not put pressure on the nosepiece. Keep out of the sun unless wearing. I am pretty certain that this accelerates deterioration of the frame. When applying to face, best to put on face by holding the nosepiece rather than the arms. Also, as they get older, the arms sometimes disconnect from the lens. Be careful!!!

@Lupetto will also have some good tips.
Thanks for making me nervous now, I'm now full of doubt haha. Also thanks for the info, it's all quite interesting, ecer though the sun would damage your shades

Thanks for making me nervous now, I'm now full of doubt haha. Also thanks for the info, it's all quite interesting, ecer though the sun would damage your shades
Sounds ironic, but I don't think Oakley were banking on people using and displaying their shades for 20+ years in the Australian sun!!

Latest Posts

Back