• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Sold #061 JULIETS

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
By vault you mean an Oakley vault outlet?

Some people reacted to this post.
@Black water has a 24K XX with one he is going to sell to me!

@Black water XX

1662265640349.png

Username Hidden said:
By vault you mean an Oakley vault outlet?
Not sure

Username Hidden said:
It's weird the numbers are different script than the letters interesting to see another. Oakley did alot of oddball things learning something new every day.
I thought the same. It seems there was a Brazilian doing some etching a while back that looked similar. Idk, just a thought.

Here is my thoughts on it and of course we can't do anything but speculate. In the world of selling guns the companies will usually follow this pattern when releasing a new model... 1st they release and ad and monitor response to it while sending the prototypes to authors and other professionals to review. IF it passes that stage they then push the advertising and release the articles reviewing the gun and make maybe 100-500 of them to release country wide. They then take orders and judge based on the success of the initial release how many more to make to satisfy the market. (This is the stage I think these serial numbered glasses fall into... maybe the 1st 50-100?) IF the guns that were initially sold do not come back with defects and sell fast and the orders are enough they will only then produce a small batch, regular amount to satisfy the orders from stores and distributors. If those blow off the shelves and more orders come in they then up it to full production level. So this all happens over about a 6 month period and I tell people who see the 1st ads and come in looking for one it will be 4-6 months before they actually see them on the shelfs.

Replace guns with sunglasses and I think the same pattern was likely followed back in the days of X Metal development. These things were expensive to produce and Oakley, I am sure, wanted to test the market before cranking out thousands of Juliets or XX or any of the others. That would explain the stars because if they flopped then the stars would never happen. I am sure there was allot of uncertaintity about X Metals from a business perspective back then especially since the R1 was technically a disaster for Oakley with the cracked lenses issue and "bug eye" appeal people complained about back then but love now.

This is just a theory but it fits

Last edited:
Username Hidden said:
Here is my thoughts on it and of course we can't do anything but speculate. In the world of selling guns the companies will usually follow this pattern when releasing a new model... 1st they release and ad and monitor response to it while sending the prototypes to authors and other professionals to review. IF it passes that stage they then push the advertising and release the articles reviewing the gun and make maybe 100-500 of them to release country wide. They then take orders and judge based on the success of the initial release how many more to make to satisfy the market. (This is the stage I think these serial numbered glasses fall into... maybe the 1st 50?) IF the guns that were initially sold do not come back with defects and sell fast and the orders are enough they will only then produce a small batch, regular amount to satisfy the orders from stores and distributors. If those blow off the shelves and more orders come in they then up it to full production level. So this all happens over about a 6 month period and I tell people who see the 1st ads and come in looking for one it will be 4-6 months before they actually see them on the shelfs.

Replace guns with sunglasses and I think the same pattern was likely followed back in the days of X Metal development. These things were expensive to produce and Oakley, I am sure, wanted to test the market before cranking out thousands of Juliets or XX or any of the others. That would explain the stars because if they flopped then the stars would never happen. I am sure there was allot of uncertaintity about X Metals from a business perspective back then especially since the R1 was technically a disaster for Oakley with the cracked lenses issue and "bug eye" appeal people complained about back then but love now.

This is just a theory but it fits
566A5847-44A0-468A-A45F-D35506B359D7.gif

certainly an oddity. We know Romeo and Mars before the Juliet and XX did not have those asterisks in the serials, since we saw early serials of #1 and 12 of the Crater and X-metal Mars, presuming they are real. We also know the serials in later colorways of all other X-metals did not have asterisks either so the idea of asterisks is an anomaly. Presuming of course they are legit etchings.

Username Hidden said:
I thought the same. It seems there was a Brazilian doing some etching a while back that looked similar. Idk, just a thought.
My two cents... If anyone can post pictures of those Brazilian "etching" or fake Brazilian "serial numbers" to compare side by side...
Even better another authentic original, certified,two serial numbers XX X metal....I'm sure someone can find a picture.... somewhere ...to compare...

Status
Not open for further replies.