• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Sold #061 JULIETS

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Username Hidden said:
My two cents... If anyone can post pictures of those Brazilian "etching" or fake Brazilian "serial numbers" to compare side by side...
Even better another authentic original, certified,two serial numbers XX X metal....I'm sure someone can find a picture.... somewhere ...to compare...
I recall the serial number scandle being a guy who put them on non serial pairs and or over faint serials and you could see the outline of the former serial under his. There may be another incident though. I lean towards this being something genuine. Back then it would not have been out of the ordinary at HQ for them to order made 100 units with the XG*** etch then added the number as they released them when the decision was made. I have a low 100 Tio and these are both below 100 so Im wondering...
1662347490949.png

Some people reacted to this post.
@OakleyBoss @cacatman @Tomcat14
Moderator .... can we move this to the conversation thread? It really is not a sale thread anymore and very interesting. Hate to bump this over active sale threads.

Username Hidden said:
Moderator .... can we move this to the conversation thread? It really is not a sale thread anymore and very interesting. Hate to bump this over active sale threads.
Will create one with clear pictures n' anyone can give their opinions.. tomorrow

Username Hidden said:
My two cents... If anyone can post pictures of those Brazilian "etching" or fake Brazilian "serial numbers" to compare side by side...
Even better another authentic original, certified,two serial numbers XX X metal....I'm sure someone can find a picture.... somewhere ...to compare...

Last edited:
Username Hidden said:

Nothing about *** serial numbers so that is a good thing! That is the guy I remember... his stuff was always easy to spot though because he went in a straight line and not the curvature of the arm. I have seen allot of fake model numbers that looked convincing though and am super thankful for the ton of money O Forum list has saved me.

Its a good post ..I say we move it to the x-metal discussion.

What happened to him?

Username Hidden said:
What happened to him?
I don’t know if I have all the details but he basically got banned for a month or some temporary amount of time for something stupid—arguing with a mod I think. Then he chose not to come back after that is my understanding. He always my go to guy on serials and labels. He always had the answer.

Username Hidden said:
Don't have any powers here but see below.
Username Hidden said:
Its a good post ..I say we move it to the x-metal discussion.
Change this to sold and lock the thread and then start a new thread in the discussion section.
It's a better solution since this was a sale thread from the beginning.

Status
Not open for further replies.