• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

1/2 Gen Water/Racing Jacket Question

1970BNER

Oakley Beginner
Calling in teh WJ/RJ experts on this one - I have recently purchased 3 pairs of 1st or 2nd Generation WJ/RJ's and I was noticing that some pairs have a series of numbers on the inside arm and some pairs do not.

What is the reason for that and what does the numbers mean? I was thinking frame color and lens?

Thanks

Yeah i didnt notice markings on mine, but the general trend in that era is the LATER pieces had skus printed. The water jacket did stick around way longer than the racng jacket so the later pieces (post racing jacket) may have had the skus.
This is just going off the normal trend with the other frames/models.. So i cant say for sure.

Do note that all water jackets are Gen2 racing jackets, with the smaller orbital size.

Yeah i didnt notice markings on mine, but the general trend in that era is the LATER pieces had skus printed. The water jacket did stick around way longer than the racng jacket so the later pieces (post racing jacket) may have had the skus.
This is just going off the normal trend with the other frames/models.. So i cant say for sure.

Do note that all water jackets are Gen2 racing jackets, with the smaller orbital size.

Thanks for all the info BrIP, that makes sense... Curious, what does a smaller orbital mean??

Cool... It's awesome to rap with someone who pass that kind of info off on the spot. So it sounds like I have two pairs of 2nd gen RJ's and a 2nd gen WJ pair...

If I could only find my last grail.....