• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

10 Rapha Jawbone Auction

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
First two pairs went for $650 last night.

Some people reacted to this post.
Username Hidden said:
First two pairs went for $650 last night.

Odd how they publicly announce the winning bids of a private auction. That kind of defeats the point of it being private. I doubt anyone will now bid more than $650 for a pair.

Username Hidden said:
Odd how they publicly announce the winning bids of a private auction. That kind of defeats the point of it being private. I doubt anyone will now bid more than $650 for a pair.

either that or everyone will think that 650 is the benchmark, and bid more than that for an "assured" win.

Username Hidden said:
either that or everyone will think that 650 is the benchmark, and bid more than that for an "assured" win.

I guess we'll find out tomorrow!

All i know is i won't pay $650. Sure it's limited to 20 pairs, but there's nothing special about the frames themselves. Not to mention i don't really care to donate to a cycle team i never knew existed until Oakley stepped in. Maybe if they had a purpose like riding for a cause and donating the money, i'd be inclined to bid more.

i think it's limited to 10 pairs . . .
but whatever - i have no connection to rapha and so i don't think i would pay that much for a pair jawbones.

You're right. 2 pairs a day for 5 days = 10 pairs. For whatever reason i mixed up my numbers and thought they were doing this for 10 days.

But still, nothing special. Just a pearl frame with matte black jaws with a few stripes on them. I could custom build one and put my own stripes on it.

but you could not make such a sweet micro bag
hi hi

I lose bags all the time, LOL!

point for you!

Back